Miffed about Power strips and towels

KCGreg

Only on our Carnival cruise were we required to check out towels at the pool.  And there were 2 towels in our room for "use onshore", that would be swapped out for clean ones.  But, if the "off ship" towels were not in the room at the end of the cruise, we would have been charged for them.

4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Only on our Carnival cruise were we required to check out towels at the pool.  And there were 2 towels in our room for "use onshore", that would be swapped out for clean ones.  But, if the "off ship" towels were not in the room at the end of the cruise, we would have been charged for them.

We used the ones in the cabin at the pool and swapped them out for clean ones before heading back to the cabin. (Once we returned to the cabin and the steward had cleaned the cabin while we were out, leaving two clean towels.)

Power strips are clearly listed on the prohibited item list.  

The towel policy costs you nothing if you're not a thief or irresponsible person.  Like someone said above, check out towels on the first day, then just do an exchange every day, then check them back in the last day.  

How is this even an issue to complain about?  

• Like 2

Well, personally having my sign & sail pass scanned for a towel is no problem for me.. but I am responsible for only me.. no children to keep up with. Like some or several have mentioned.. it is so inconsistent that I don’t know how the cruise line could make a charge stick anyway. Thank being said.. I am glad I am not sailing on RCL.. they seemed to have really gotten strict in recent years.😱 I will be bringing a non-surge protected “square” outlet that also has USB ports. I travel with two girlfriends (3 women total!) and if they don’t want us to bring more power .. so to say.. they should install more than two outlets in a stateroom.. for goodness sake.. imho. 🤷🏾‍♂️