Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

41 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I just started working through this and am pretty jealous after reading only the first two items.  You avoid all kinds of hassles living that close to the port.   Congrats!  

I'm not following the benefit of the extra trip to take your luggage early.  Why not just take it at 11:30?

Neighbors drop us off, easier to not have luggage.😉

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  There are elevators in the garage as well.  You exit the garage very close to the porters.

Park close to the west elevators if you want shorter walk boarding, or east elevators if you want shorter walk departing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I missed seeing them collecting the luggage last March.

$22 a day but Miami only charges for 7 days not the 8 Canaveral charges for. 

The whole building is technically the garage. 😉

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

When you park on level 2 or 3 are there porters there to take your luggage from you or do you have to take it downstairs yourself?

We park there on a short cruise with just carry on. If I was going with luggage I would likely drop luggage off on level 1 then go find a space. I dont believe porters hang out on the upper levels. Is there a baggage system on upper decks or Terminal A?

I think the new Carnival garage for T3 is going to be 6 levels

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We park there on a short cruise with just carry on. If I was going with luggage I would likely drop luggage off on level 1 then go find a space. I dont believe porters hang out on the upper levels. Is there a baggage system on upper decks or Terminal A?

I think the new Carnival garage for T3 is going to be 6 levels

Yes, that’s why I gave a slight edge to Terminal A.  The porters are at the various levels in the garage.  No need to drive through the mess down below to drop off bags.  Just go right up to park and the porters take them from whatever level you parked on.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, that’s why I gave a slight edge to Terminal A.  The porters are at the various levels in the garage.  No need to drive through the mess down below to drop off bags.  Just go right up to park and the porters take them from whatever level you parked on.  

That is nice.

But you can't watch rockets launch from the upper deck of Terminal A. 👨‍🚀🚀

IMG_20170814_185113_147.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Just having fun, and thanks for the tips on Miami.  We may sail on 50th birthday cruise

When we sailed in December I didn’t realize the porters were at the different levels in the garage.  I made the mistake of circling down below at 10:15 as many people were still getting picked up.  Took about 15-20 minutes.  Once I headled up to park and saw the porters it was an Oh S*** moment.  Back there in less than 2 weeks for SY. 

• Thanks 1

Lot's of CATS info in my next posts. I will be sad to see it sail away. Saw all three shows last week.  🤪

Just learned that they are wrapping up filming on a CATS movie. Major production based on cast and crew.

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Steven Spielberg Producing

Tom Hooper Directing

Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift, Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, James Corden, Rebel Wilson, Idris Elba, etc...

Release set for December 20, 2019

• Like 1

#79 The entrance of the cats.

The cats enter the theater at the top of the deck 4 and run down the aisles, stopping to interact with the audience, and flashing their eyes with red and green LED glasses.

This is why I tend to sit on the aisle. It's a lot of fun.

to dark to take any pictures though

• Thanks 1

#80 The Jellicle Song and the Naming of Cats

This is actually two songs, but they run together, and in the middle of the second song, the cats go back into the audience

20190221_233752.jpg

20190221_233821.jpg

20190221_233901.jpg

20190221_234408.jpg

IMG_2220_1.jpg

IMG_2221.JPG

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

#82 Gumbie Cat song and tapdance

I used to not like it, but it grows on you. 

Jennyanydots is the fat Gumbie cat and Demeter, Bumbalurina😘, and Jellyorum are the trio that dance and sing most of the song

20190222_201855.jpg

20190223_155247.jpg

20190223_155313.jpg

20190221_234951.jpg

20190222_211535.jpg

20190223_155403.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You got me on that one.:classic_biggrin:

Ken just stop on your drive down and pick up a package of these. You can see a launch and be ground control all at the same time.  Just don’t take them on the ship. 🙂

C960B059-22C3-4305-9AED-A512CB77FFD2.thumb.jpeg.fc6f97f7cca871e580e9d17ea6d8fb18.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1