Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

John a couple of questions....If someone is pinnacle and not in a suite, do they have to make reservations for all of the shows or can they just show their pinnacle sea pass??? Also, on some ships they have a place where suites and pinnacles can meet and be the first ones to walk off if they carry their own luggage before any other guests leave the ship..does Oasis have this???thanks

2 minutes ago, jamon said:

John a couple of questions....If someone is pinnacle and not in a suite, do they have to make reservations for all of the shows or can they just show their pinnacle sea pass??? Also, on some ships they have a place where suites and pinnacles can meet and be the first ones to walk off if they carry their own luggage before any other guests leave the ship..does Oasis have this???thanks

Yes to all shows except Comedy Club.

I'm not sure about self checkout departure.  I know that Majesty would do that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamon said:

Thanks for answering my previous question, now i have another one. Do the tips they charge to your folio each day cover the CK or any other place you eat for dinner, except speciality of course? thanks

CK staff get the portion of the daily tip that would go to the MDR.  They check you in by cabin at every meal

13 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Funny how that’s possible when someone else said all the food was awful, bland, and inedible!

I find It's all the calories from the free alcohol that puts the weight on.

Usually I put on 7lb per weeks cruise but lose that weight within a week of coming home because I rarely drink alcohol at home.

• Haha 2

On 2/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Enough about Cats,  see any dogs on board? 

M

On 2/18/2019 at 12:08 PM, John&LaLa said:

5, rode with a small black lab in elevator, saw two big white ones on Promenade last night. Have not seen the other two yet, but I heard they're all big dogs

Just curious, did these dogs appear to be bona fide service animals (well-behaved, stayed on the floor and out of the way at all times, proper potty habits, focused on their person, not barking/jumping/eating off table, etc.), or did some of them seem to be "just pets along for the ride"???

(Note:  The presence or absence of a "vest" does not mean that a dog is or isn't a proper service animal.  Some service animals wear no vest, some untrained pets wear fraudulent vests.  Actions are the best indicator of whether a dog is a legitimate service animal.)

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Just curious, did these dogs appear to be bona fide service animals (well-behaved, stayed on the floor and out of the way at all times, proper potty habits, focused on their person, not barking/jumping/eating off table, etc.), or did some of them seem to be "just pets along for the ride"???

(Note:  The presence or absence of a "vest" does not mean that a dog is or isn't a proper service animal.  Some service animals wear no vest, some untrained pets wear fraudulent vests.  Actions are the best indicator of whether a dog is a legitimate service animal.)

I could not judge a purpose per se, but the 3 I saw were well behaved and docile

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I could not judge a purpose per se, but the 3 I saw were well behaved and docile

Could easily be PTSD, seizure, or blood sugar dogs, then.  No specialty harness needed for those actions to be performed.  

My black Lab and chocolate Lab are both Good Boys, but they would be very excited and inquisitive in a cruise ship environment, wanting to look all over and visit all the people to get pats on the head and investigate all the interesting smells everywhere.  There would be no doubt that they were pets rather than service animals, in my case!!!

#84 Grizabella the Glamour Cat song

Here we meet Grizabella, the outcast of the tribe

She snubbed the tribe years ago and now wants back in

Only the kittens Victoria and Syllabub (Jemima) approach her, but the other cats push her away

Kind of sad, but more singing from Demeter and Bombalurina 😀

The song has been stuck in my head all day.

Grizabella's entrance

20190222_000624.jpg

Munkanstrap

20190222_000830.jpg

Syllabub

20190222_000848.jpg

Casandra

20190222_001019.jpg

Demeter

20190222_001146.jpg

Bombalurina

20190222_001225.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally, Old Deutoronomy appears.

The usual actor who plays him was sick, so they shuffled the make roles around to replace him

It was fine, but nothing i care foe anyway.  

He is, however, important to the story, so you can't cut him out.

He's the big, hairy, grey cat

20190222_002246.jpg

20190222_002330.jpg

#86 Memory (Prelude) A short version of the song to end Act 1

Grizabella sings it after she isn't able to dance at the Jellicle Ball.

She's just to old and decrepit. It's sad

20190222_002637.jpg

20190222_002659.jpg

20190222_002744.jpg

20190224_154741.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2019 at 10:11 PM, John&LaLa said:

Lot's of CATS info in my next posts. I will be sad to see it sail away. Saw all three shows last week.  🤪

Just learned that they are wrapping up filming on a CATS movie. Major production based on cast and crew.

Andrew Lloyd Webber and Steven Spielberg Producing

Tom Hooper Directing

Jennifer Hudson, Taylor Swift, Judi Dench, Ian McKellen, James Corden, Rebel Wilson, Idris Elba, etc...

Release set for December 20, 2019

We are CATS fans, so I'm excited to hear about the movie. We don't go to the movies in a theater very often, but we will definitely go to see CATS!

When we were on Oasis in September 2018, several of the members of the CATS cast performed cabaret shows in Jazz on 4 in addition to their CATS performances. We saw several of their shows, and enjoyed meeting the performers and seeing them perform selections that for the most part, weren't from CATS. Wouldn't have minded if they did just do songs from CATS, though.

I've loved seeing all of your CATS pictures. They are much better than my point and shoot can do. I'malso glad to know that DH and I aren't the only ones who have gone to more than one performance of CATS during a Seingle Oasis cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Finally, Old Deutoronomy appears.

The usual actor who plays him was sick, so they shuffled the make roles around to replace him

It was fine, but nothing i care foe anyway.  

He is, however, important to the story, so you can't cut him out.

He's the big, hairy, grey cat

His entry song is rather bleh.  I believe that it's Oooooooooooldddddd Deuteronomyyyyyyyyyyyy.  Yes, I believe you're right, that's him.  Certainly makes him feel oooooooooold.  And makes me feel oooooooold too, in the tired way.  You've sort of hit on the overall reason the show is so polarizing. Many numbers like Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer are fun to hear and watch, energizing and funny.  Others feel like redundant filler, somewhat low and draggy, or just weird and confusing, and so after the first hour or so many folks have gotten enough of the experience.  Did it really have to be 3+ hours long? How long is this concept a novelty? 

Memory, however, brings me to tears, whenever it's performed in the show and even when I hear it away from the performance.  Haunting, lovely, emotional, also makes me feel old, which I am, but in a more relatable and wise and nostalgic way, a showcase for heavenly voices, for reflection on life's regrets, for the hope of redemption and salvation.

• Thanks 2

How do you get all these great pictures of the Cats performance?  Is it ok to take during the show?  Or you kind of hide your camera?  I'm always hesitant to take as I know they'll confiscate your camera if you pull it out during regular theatre (outside a cruise ship).

Edited by LuCruise