Sleeping in Vancouver Airport

zoncom

There are certainly plenty of seats in long bench-type configurations all over the airport, including before Security (after for you, so you can get yourself through immigration. luggage claim etc. before finding somewhere to kip). The airport is open 24/7 but has few flights in the wee small hours so there shouldn't be too much in the way of foot traffic to disturb you, but I'm afraid I can't suggest a specific good spot other than 'not right next to any food spot/store that will open before you want to get up' so as to avoid any clattering around from shutters raising, stock being put out etc. The only official 'quiet area' I'm aware of is in the secure part of the International terminal (near D67) and you can't get back there after you hit luggage claim.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 7:24 PM, zoncom said:

I get in middle of night. Cheap hotels are now $200.Thanks all. 

Have you tried the hotels near the airport?  Alot more reasonable I have found.  May even be able to take the Skytrain into the pier in the morning for a few dollars.

Edited by DaveOKC

It’s not like the OP is flying at 3AM. My flight leaves at 11pm. I’ll be doing a 7-hour post-cruise tour after my sailing. Once it’s over, I’ll be at the airport around 6ish. There are many people who do not feel the need to buy a hotel for several hours. To the OP...you’ll just have to wing it with finding a place to catch some Zzzz’s.

9 hours ago, PittsburghNative said:

It’s not like the OP is flying at 3AM. My flight leaves at 11pm. I’ll be doing a 7-hour post-cruise tour after my sailing. Once it’s over, I’ll be at the airport around 6ish. There are many people who do not feel the need to buy a hotel for several hours. To the OP...you’ll just have to wing it with finding a place to catch some Zzzz’s.

Unless I misread it, the OP is arriving just after Midnight into Vancouver.  You are leaving at 11PM.  Quite a different thing IMO.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Unless I misread it, the OP is arriving just after Midnight into Vancouver.  You are leaving at 11PM.  Quite a different thing IMO.

I totally misread that, my apologies! I thought he was LEAVING after midnight. Well that drastically changes things. In that case OP, you will be in for a very long night if you don’t want to get a hotel room.

7 hours ago, PittsburghNative said:

I totally misread that, my apologies! I thought he was LEAVING after midnight. Well that drastically changes things. In that case OP, you will be in for a very long night if you don’t want to get a hotel room.

In my experience, getting a good night's rest and solid breakfast on embarkation day is a real plus.  You start the cruise off relaxed and refreshed - ready to party!  Its like adding an extra day to your vacation.

7 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

In my experience, getting a good night's rest and solid breakfast on embarkation day is a real plus.  You start the cruise off relaxed and refreshed - ready to party!  Its like adding an extra day to your vacation.

Agreed! I’m getting into Vancouver at 930pm two nights before my cruise (I’ve been before and LOVE Vancouver!). Im actually renting a condo downtown via AirBnb. OP...that may actually be a good idea to look at an Airbnb due to their affordability. I just stayed in one last weekend, which was my 5th time using that service, and it saves you a lot of money.

OP I completely understand.  We arrive early AM as well and I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay for a hotel at the last minute. If my elderly father was not with us I would l glamp at the airport with you.😀 We all are early risers so about $200 for 4 hours of sleep. I just keep telling myself it's part of the vacation and don't sweat the small things.  

I'm waiting to the last minute to book a hotel on hotel tonight app in hopes a grabbing something cheaper.