Celebrity Equinox - Punta Cana, DR. Excursions?

SLARIGHT

Hi!

My best friend and I will be on Celebrity Equinox - sailing March 30th, one of the ports is Punta Cana, DR.

The excursions that our TA sent , we're not liking... 

Do you have any suggestions for excursions?  (we'd like to do some snorkeling but I also want to learn about the area...)

I've looked into Viator but I'm worried about where we would be picked up since we're not at a hotel and we dock at 7am but is it an actual docking area or will be have to first get on a boat to get to the beach area? 

Thank you for your time and suggestions!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Have you checked out the Ports of Call forums here?  Punta Cana will be under Caribbean... And it's time to join the ROLL CALL for your cruise, and find out what other Cc members who will be sailing with you are planning.  Here is the link to the one for your cruise:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Have you checked out the Ports of Call forums here?  Punta Cana will be under Caribbean... And it's time to join the ROLL CALL for your cruise, and find out what other Cc members who will be sailing with you are planning.  Here is the link to the one for your cruise:

THANK YOU! , I WAS HAVING ISSUES NAVIGATING THIS SITE! :)

Ships are calling on Punta Cana??

I've been to PC a few times (although it has been a while). Aside from the all-inclusive resorts and the beach there isn't much there. The beach is nice, but...

If you have an opportunity for an excursion with Outback Adventures, they're kind of fun, if riding through the jungle in the back of an truck is your idea of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, SLARIGHT. We will be on the same Mar 30 sailing. I just booked the Adventure Park (Scape) Excursion through Celebrity. We really debated what to do in many of the ports, but ultimately, the Hoya Azul and zip lining looked like they would be worth a try. Fingers crossed and see you onboard in 21 days! :)) 

On 2/22/2019 at 7:28 PM, Underwatr said:

Ships are calling on Punta Cana??

I've been to PC a few times (although it has been a while). Aside from the all-inclusive resorts and the beach there isn't much there. The beach is nice, but...

If you have an opportunity for an excursion with Outback Adventures, they're kind of fun, if riding through the jungle in the back of an truck is your idea of fun.

@Underwatr, did you book with Outback on your own? If so, where did you meet up with them? I have been emailing back and forth with them and the idea of me booking on my own (for a party of 5) is getting some polite pushback.  I'm not sure if they are new to working with independent cruisers, or if they are getting some flack locally since they aren't an official cruiseline provider for my cruise line, or what the scoop is! Their tour sounds the best of the many options I have looked into!

We were at a Punta Cana all-inclusive resort for a week and the excursion was arranged through the resort. They might be uncomfortable with the vagaries of cruise ship passengers - the risk of missed port calls, or even worse, a missed departure.

Is there anything similar from the cruise line? In Amber Cove DR a year or so ago Cunard offered a "Mega Truck Adventure" which seemed similar and not too expensive.

Edited by Underwatr