Harmony Chefs Table

We loved our experience on Adventure of the Seas when we were approached in the MDR by a RCI rep and was offered a deal on the "Chefs Table". I am wondering on our upcoming cruise on Harmony if we should book the "Chefs Table" before the cruise or take our chances on getting a deal on board? With a bigger ship does the "Chef's Table" reservations fill up fast?

We sailed Harmony on aa B2B last year and did not and would not book Chefs Table.

We always, on all past cruises, have booked Chefs Table and have just returned from a cruise on Ovation and Explorer attending Chefs table on both.

Reason for not booking on Harmony, it is held in the Solarium dinning room. They block an area off in the restaurant while others still dine around you. We heard from many that the noise level was so bad that they were so disappointed. It is having dinner in a cafeteria. On Oasis and Allure they use to hold it upstairs in the Diamond lounge. Now on Harmony that is Wonderland. 

We attended Chefs table on Ovation and was very disappointed also. It is getting to where on the larger ships the “experience” is lacking. There were 20 people at our table and the wine served was only 4 with no refills to what was served. They hold it too many times and have not made it a special event anymore.

On Explorer it was fantastic! On the older ships they seem to still have the experience! Only 14 at our table and “many” wines served with refills on all! 

So bottom line for us, we will be cautious to reserve on the large ships. 

Cheers

• Like 2

We did it on our last HOS sailing. We LOVED it! We have done the Chef's Table on many different ships & enjoyed the uniqueness of this one. Yes we were in the Solarium but, it was very private. You're in a room with walls & lots of plants. It is not what you are used to but, that's what we enjoyed about it! The food was wonderful & the wine flowed freely! As far as booking, I'm not sure when you should. If it's something you want to do, I would book early to insure you get the night you want for show scheduling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

BTW... We will be back on in Sept & will be doing it again. That's how much we enjoyed it.

We will be on Harmony in October. I would love a review when you get back!

16 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I will be on the Harmony in October, thinking of doing the Chefs Table, anybody know what the menu is and what time does it start?  Is a jacket required for men?

Jacket not required.

My group I was sailing with and I did the chefs table on Harmony back in 2017. As noted it is in a sectioned off area of the Solarium, however there are glass walls with white curtains. During our time we didn't experience any noise issues or disruptions. As the night went on it was noise from the folks at Chefs table as the wine started to flow and folks were feeling tipsy. 🙂  Along with the wonderful food, company of others that were part of the chefs table we were able to sneak out to get some great sunset pictures as around meal time this was happening. Was an added bonus to the experience. I'd do it again, though I tend prefer the Ultimate Dining Package. Depending on the time of year you are sailing, you may want to book it before the cruise. I've posted the menu we had back in April 2017, It's most likely changed now.

3B921DDE-EEDC-4FFD-AA45-577FDC73F579_zps

87595FE2-8190-4D0F-A1BB-50876A7A847F_zps

61B5A2CA-EF20-4176-B79D-B02927983D68_zps

E63C315F-664D-4E09-8F20-B0313AB4431E_zps

B070A1CD-CAB5-49A7-BEC1-54BBAE016E8C_zps

0C66EE8A-D9E0-452E-9E77-A0259112286A_zps

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

We are actually Sept 29. So we will be on until Oct 6. When in Oct will you be sailing?

We are on the October 13th sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. Sorry we are going to miss each other. I would love to meet some people from CC.

1 minute ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

You’ll have an amazing time. Was so much fun!

When we did the Chefs Table on Adventure two years ago, it was the highlight of our cruise. The food was incredible and our table had a great collection of people. We loved it.

1 minute ago, Swank Pad G said:

When we did the Chefs Table on Adventure two years ago, it was the highlight of our cruise. The food was incredible and our table had a great collection of people. We loved it.

Yeah once all that wine they force you to drink it’s fair game. Never know what may transpire. Lol. 

We all ended up in these group photos all over the place once the meal concluded. We had this one photo in the staircase going down to deck 4, but by the time we got to that photo we got all these random people in that area in the picture too. The ships photographer took it as one was using that stairway for pictures. This all happening as we were singing “who let the dogs out, woot woot.” 

No clue who some the people were in the last staircase picture. 

Couple of those from the dinner are now friends with all of us on FB. Good times. 

Careful of the wine. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here are some pics of our Chefs Table experience from Adventure of the Seas

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_792b_zpsg9hbqk4v.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78ab_zpsun4pzjns.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78c7_zpskwji6u4p.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_834d_zpsizvkg1k1.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78ae_zpsy4igdtam.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78af_zpsf4nk6jpn.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_78a9_zpsnx3eacte.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_792f_zps7afaqc2d.

The scallops were to die for, filet and lobster tail wonderful and the chocolate dessert at the end with a chocolate martini was incredible

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Your cruise date is approaching very soon if I remember correctly?

Yes October 13th. I can not wait! We will probably book another for next June also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kcbookworm said:

I’m going to piggy back on this thread and see if anyone has done Chef’s Table on Majesty?   We booked it for our cruise next month.  

We've done it on Majesty.