Advice for returning Carnival Cruiser?

Methosage

15 hours ago, Tapi said:

Oh I forgot to mention. The #1 change that I sorely missed was the “bing” noise that the old card scanners would make upon boarding the ship. It used to get me all giddy, knowing that I was officially on the ship! No more 😢

Wait, what?? I haven’t sailed since Jan 2017 and we still “binged” then. It’s ridiculous, but I love that sound - the sound of vacation starting! 

3 hours ago, Eggs And Bacon said:

Wait, what?? I haven’t sailed since Jan 2017 and we still “binged” then. It’s ridiculous, but I love that sound - the sound of vacation starting! 

And sadly, vacation ending...

On 3/4/2019 at 2:29 PM, Essiesmom said:

You now have to select/be assigned a time to arrive for check in.  If you arrive early, you will have to wait until your assigned time to enter the terminal.  (Unless you are diamond, platinum, or bought FTTF).  No more big crowd at the entrance at 1000.  EM

Hi! How do you select or get assigned your arrival time for check in? Would that be when you do your online check in type stuff? I'm new to Carnival after at a 24 year hiatus and haven't encountered this with RCI.  We always just show up early to get on board early. 

Thanks!

15 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

Hi! How do you select or get assigned your arrival time for check in? Would that be when you do your online check in type stuff? I'm new to Carnival after at a 24 year hiatus and haven't encountered this with RCI.  We always just show up early to get on board early. 

Thanks!

Yes you pick a time when you do your online checkin.

Depending on the port and the amount of people you may or may not have to wait outside until your time arrives if you come early.

Also not sure when they started Faster to the Fun, but with FTTF you can pay to get checked in whenever you arrive, board right after Diamond / Platinum / Suits and have your room ready when you board vs waiting until after 1:00 / 1:30 when all other rooms are ready.  You can find this in the Shore Excursion section for your port of departure.

• Thanks 1