Grand Turk Beach Review

czechcruzr

Arrived on Feb 25th in Grand Turk on the Sunshine. Went to the left after leaving the pier. The water was very clear with little seaweed. Water temperature was a touch cool, but still stayed in it all day. With two ships in town I was worried about getting a chair after seeing other photos/reviews so we docked at 8 and i was at the beach by 8:15. Very few people around. Did not get busy until around 10.   As soon as you arrive at the beach you will see the vendors asking you about chair rentals. The green tops are free but they are not in the front row.  The front row cost me 30.00 , included two chairs and an umbrella. You will get a wrist band that indicates you paid, saw some confusion between the vendors about who took payments from different individuals so just make sure you get a wrist band after payment.

As the day went on the beach got more crowded, but it felt less crowded than Mahogany Bay at peak time.

Purchased my food and beverage at margaritaville, 6 beers (local turks head) 35.00, i think the nachos were 18. 

Margaritaville does have lockers available. The shopping area is clean with a few shops, did not see any aggressive vendors. 

I have never been to a beach closer to the ship, awesome spot. If you want a show, keep a few nachos in your hand and walk into the water, the fish will swarm you. 

gt15.jpg

gt6.jpg

gt10.jpg

gt12.jpg

gt8.jpg

gt9.jpg

gt7.jpg

20190225_101427.jpg

gt2.jpg

gt4.jpg

gt3.jpg

• Like 3

Nice review.  Less than $6 per beer doesn't sound bad for a tourist area - I hope the nachos were large at $18 though 😮 

I prefer a quieter area, so I'm glad we went to Jack's Shack (10-15 minute walk further down the beach) when we visited, but your chair rental didn't seem too bad for the location and shade coverage.

Thank you for supporting the economy too 🙂 

Thanks for the review  - great PIcs!  I wonder if you know how much the lockers cost and how you access them - credit card, USD, local currency?  I'm taking limited things off the ship, but not sure what to do with our phone/camera/credit card/ID while we swim and this might be the best option.  Thanks

1 hour ago, skatie said:

you know how much the lockers cost and how you access them - credit card, USD, local currency?  I'm taking limited things off the ship, but not sure what to do with our phone/camera/credit card/ID while we swim and this might be the best option.  Thanks

Did not use the lockers, but every shop in the port accepted US dollars. 

• 5 weeks later...