Cost of Celebrity cruises

poinsettiaplate

Have to say i’ve always struggled to get prices on the luxury lines even close to Celebrity when i’ve checked. Maybe there are certain cruises that have great prices but in general they work out two to three times the price of a Celebrity cruise when I factor in everything. 

Ok so another example I just pulled up with Regent

10 night cruise next year out of Los Angeles £9k for two in a veranda cabin with everything included

11 night cruise with a Celebrity that we are taking in September added in all the regent extras works out around £4500

Edited by yorky

22 minutes ago, yorky said:

Have to say i’ve always struggled to get prices on the luxury lines even close to Celebrity when i’ve checked. Maybe there are certain cruises that have great prices but in general they work out two to three times the price of a Celebrity cruise when I factor in everything. 

Ok so another example I just pulled up with Regent

10 night cruise next year out of Los Angeles £9k for two in a veranda cabin with everything included

11 night cruise with a Celebrity that we are taking in September added in all the regent extras works out around £4500

I take it the X price is in the Caribbean this September on Equinox? Is the Regent  itinerary the same as X’s and for this September?

In fairness, you will get deals from all lines. September is a no go for us though as we have to sail during school holidays and that’s when you can see the biggest differences. VTcruising quoted that she’s paid the same price for a S1 suite in the Caribbean as X were asking for an IV in the Med on Edge during the summer.

40 minutes ago, villauk said:

I take it the X price is in the Caribbean this September on Equinox? Is the Regent  itinerary the same as X’s and for this September?

In fairness, you will get deals from all lines. September is a no go for us though as we have to sail during school holidays and that’s when you can see the biggest differences. VTcruising quoted that she’s paid the same price for a S1 suite in the Caribbean as X were asking for an IV in the Med on Edge during the summer.

No that was me being generous using September next year as nothing came up for this September. A 10 night In December this year which is closer to our itinerary  is £11k. Obviously Edge is still on a different level price wise to most Celebrity ships and does not offer the same value for me. I’ve no doubt there are sometimes deals to be had with the true luxury lines but as with yourself we have to book in advance and £11k is well out of our price range.

Edited by yorky

OK, when I was still working though issues with Celebrity customer service I booked a Cruise to Bermuda on Oceania with my parents. The pricing is not much different.

Oceania $1,199 for a 7 day inside from NY to Bermuda.

Compared to Celebrity:

- Specialty restaurants included

-Wifi included

- 2 days in Hamilton and 2 days at St George (vs. less desirable 3-day dockyard with Celebrity)

- Specialty coffee and smoothies, afternoon tea included in base rate

Personally we needed a 3 person room and are paying for a deluxe ocean view. Still reasonable.

That said I am also booked on a 14-day Asia trip with Celebrity in January 2020 with an Ocean View and it was very reasonable and the promo includes drinks and gratuities. About $5K for the 3 of us.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Caribbean-cruises/new-york-to-new-york-INS200801/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23search-result-anchor

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?dates=2021-01&destinations=FAR.E

Edited by mdpa

1 hour ago, yorky said:

No that was me being generous using September next year as nothing came up for this September. A 10 night In December this year which is closer to our itinerary  is £11k. Obviously Edge is still on a different level price wise to most Celebrity ships and does not offer the same value for me. I’ve no doubt there are sometimes deals to be had with the true luxury lines but as with yourself we have to book in advance and £11k is well out of our price range.

Look at the price difference from the link below between what the poster is quoting for Oceania (I’m presuming yours comes up in pounds sterling as mine does?). Starting at £2219pp on this side of the pond compared to the $1199pp posted above and available in the US. That may well have something to do with you being unable to get the deals that are being quoted on various threads?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Caribbean-cruises/new-york-to-new-york-INS200801/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23search-result-anchor

Edited by villauk

If you put Edge-class prices aside (for now), you can get some very competitive deals on Celebrity M-Class and S-Class ships.  But not always so need to do the homework. And try to come up with a value for the "perks" to truly compare apples to apples across ships and cruise lines.  Longer destination cruises tend to have higher price/day as the ships sell quickly.  Market forces rule. You might get deals on remaining cabins post 90-days final payment dates if not too picky about your cabin.  In my experience the Celebrity prices compared to the next level like Azamara are usually better.

3 hours ago, yorky said:

Just quickly looking at the Caribbean in December there’s a 7 day itinerary that’s very similar on Edge and Regent. Looking at a suite on X.  Celebrity is $400 more pp. and please don’t think that I’m suggesting Regent is usually going to be a comparison for Celebrity, it’s not...but sometimes you get lucky as we did for Tahiti. 

Edited by Cruise Junky

We like the Regent product and recently compared Regent, Azamara and X... adding in bev etc which Regent "includes" as well as excursions etc etc

Azamara can be a better deal pp pn than Celebrity.  I believe this is route dependent not only class of stateroom