unlimited laundry questions

racnwdow

If you want to pay the daily fee for unlimited laundry do you have to pay for it on embarkation day?  How do you go about adding the service?  Is it limited to one bag per day or could you skip a day or two and have two bags done on one day?  TIA

29 minutes ago, racnwdow said:

If you want to pay the daily fee for unlimited laundry do you have to pay for it on embarkation day?  How do you go about adding the service?  Is it limited to one bag per day or could you skip a day or two and have two bags done on one day?  TIA

In the past, we have written "Unlimited" in big letters on the slip that goes with the first laundry bag we send out.  Recently, though, I think I noticed that "Unlimited" has become a pre-printed choice that you can tick. 

When we have chosen "Unlimited" we usually start off with a bang -- 2 bags on embarkation day with no problem.  After that, we send out when there's "enough" to bother with, so usually not every day.

That's been OUR experience. 

The charge for the unlimited laundry will be added to your onboard account.  It may not show up on your account for a couple of days after you first send your laundry out.  As noted above, just tick the box for the Unlimited Laundry on the form.  You can send out as many bags as you want.  There will be one bag in your cabin but you can request additional bags/forms from your cabin steward.

I am sharing with another woman.  I assume one of us will have to put the charge on our card and the other can just give me money.  Or do you think they will split it between the two of us, in one cabin.

didn't even know this existed.  Sure could make a difference in my packing for a 14 night cruise.  Just have to weight the value ($7/day) vs how many times I would use it.  Still, nice to know it exists.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I have already purchased the unlimited laundry for my 14 day Alaska cruise. Anticipating that we will get wet and muddy on excursions it's great to know we can pack light, save on bag fees, and always have clean clothes!!!!  

We were able to pack for a 2 week panama cruise in carry on bags and a backpack each,  one checked bag each way paid for the laundry ( disney was self serve) 

Edited by Jareds_mommytoo

3 hours ago, DocJohnB said:

didn't even know this existed.  Sure could make a difference in my packing for a 14 night cruise.  Just have to weight the value ($7/day) vs how many times I would use it.  Still, nice to know it exists.

You can also opt for the "all you can fit in the laundry bag" (and you can cram a lot into one) for $20 per bag. If you think you will send out less than 5 bags during your 14 day cruise, you might want to consider the per bag route.