Splendor - new "perks" for Grand & Master suites

Just got a very welcome e mail from Regent via my TA -- Starting with the 6 February inaugural cruise of the Splendor the Grand and Master Suites will have unlimited "Valet Laundry Service" for free as well as the other previously announced "perks".   This - for us - is great news since we are in a Grand Suite on the 14 March sailing just about a year away.

Great news. We are in a Master suite for a May/June sailing on Splendor.  Any info if this new benefit will inure to the other ships or if it is a temporary perquisite for the Splendor inaugural sailings?

That is great news and in my opinion, long overdue.  Too bad that perk isn't available currently on Explorer as we board next month and would certainly love to have that amenity, especially because we don't take advantage of many other perks that are associated with the Grand Suite.  I'm glad that Regent has made this decision going forward on Splendor.

• Like 1

Wait...I may have spoken too soon...I just went onto RSSC website and it appears in the suite descriptions on Explorer that this perk HAS indeed been added to Master and Grand suites.  Unless I am reading this wrong, this is welcome news indeed!!!!

I just went onto the RSSC site but since I live in Europe I get (without wanting or asking for it!) a site tied to their German office...  nothing said about it there for the Explorer.  But if what you saw was on the US site then I would think it applies to the Europe one as well...   It is lovely news!!

21 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

I believe this is good marketing on Regents part.  They need the additional perks for those suites, people that spend the extra for those suite should get some added perks.  Good move Regent.

Agreed especially since the non-luxury line competition (Viking, Princess) offer unlimited free laundry in suites.   Unfortunately, I don't sail in that level of suite on Regent.  

I am not against this because it is only for Grand and Master suites.  My issue last summer was giving benefits to everyone that some of us worked towards for years.  “Invisible” benefits such as this are fine.  Grand and Master suites already get many benefits that other suite categories do not get but, as has been said, they pay for it and everything except the bloody pre-boarding is invisible.  

If Regent gives away much more for these suites, the Regent suite passengers (Explorer and Splendor only) May want more benefits.  Interesting the way these things work.

1 hour ago, wcsdkqh said:

Speaking of semantics, I don’t believe Regent is giving away anything. Anyone paying for these suites has more than paid for these “perks”

Absolutely, and they deserve it but not worked for them.  You pay for a higher level they should receive it.  This is the same for any luxury or premium line.  You get what you pay for and certainly do not object to it.  If you book a high end suite of course you will have these amenities.

Edited by MalbecWine
  • Like 1

Including - IMHO - the priority boarding and access to the suite at 1200.  I know Jackie disagrees with me and we have "been around" on this one for years.  (!!)   But when I pay to fly Business class I expect to board early and via a separate queue than those in Economy.  I also expect lounge access.   Now Regent doesn't have a lounge for those in the "higher" suites to wait in but I seem to remember that in Stockholm the Silja line did!   Anyway I do like to get to the port and walk more or less straight on to the ship.  Certainly did this in Venice in '17 on Oceania...

5 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Including - IMHO - the priority boarding and access to the suite at 1200.  I know Jackie disagrees with me and we have "been around" on this one for years.  (!!)   But when I pay to fly Business class I expect to board early and via a separate queue than those in Economy.  I also expect lounge access.   Now Regent doesn't have a lounge for those in the "higher" suites to wait in but I seem to remember that in Stockholm the Silja line did!   Anyway I do like to get to the port and walk more or less straight on to the ship.  Certainly did this in Venice in '17 on Oceania...

Me too, 100% agree with you---that's why one goes with a higher end suites.

5 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Gerry, we’ll likely disagree forever on this subject but still respect each other’s views and have always been civil to each other which is also important.  When we finally meet on Splendor - a year from this coming week - it will not matter that you and Dennis agree and Dennis and I will continue to disagree.:classic_biggrin:

In terms of “earning” vs “working”, it can be looked at many ways.  In order to earn loyalty benefits on Regent,  most passengers work hard to be able to pay the fares in order to sail on Regent.  Benefits are not free and neither is sailing on Regent. 

Totally agree Jackie.  The world would be a sorry place if everyone was forced to agree with everyone else.  And at the end of the day there are other things far more important!!  Like friendship and values...

And also totally agree with your last sentence.  It says it perfectly.  Not only do people work hard to be able to cruise on Regent but they save hard too.  (Put me in that latter category!!)

Gerry

Working is actually working.  So does paying for the Regent suite or MS, GS should not have the free laundry and other benefits?  I totally disagree.

People who pay a premium for top suites should be afforded those extra amenities regardless of the number of times they have sailed.

Same goes for Luxury Hotels with club floors you pay for that level of luxury.  Geez. Boarding priorities would not effect many people at all.

Too add, in the Regent Suite at 10K per day they should not have special treatment in their suite and amenities?

Of course they should. And why begrudge them?

Edited by MalbecWine

1 hour ago, MalbecWine said:

Working is actually working.  So does paying for the Regent suite or MS, GS should not have the free laundry and other benefits?  I totally disagree.

People who pay a premium for top suites should be afforded those extra amenities regardless of the number of times they have sailed.

Same goes for Luxury Hotels with club floors you pay for that level of luxury.  Geez. Boarding priorities would not effect many people at all.

Too add, in the Regent Suite at 10K per day they should not have special treatment in their suite and amenities?

Of course they should. And why begrudge them?

Nicely stated, I don't think anyone can argue that point-just makes sense to me.

No one is arguing this new benefit - and arguing semantics is, In my opinion, a waste of time.  

My post about the Regent suite was not begrudging them anything.  Rather, I commented that the benefits for the Master and Grand suites are now approaching the benefits for the Regent suite and they are paying $10K/day.

I still strongly feel that cruise ships have nothing whatsoever to do with airplanes or hotels. 

Geez - sometimes I think that people (other than Rick who is aware of this) should go on Oceania and view the "Executive" lounge with glass doors where passengers can look in but not enter unless you are in the right "class".  Does anyone want Regent to be like that? (Not trying to bash Oceania - they are a great cruise line but definitely not my thing).

Unlike most Regent cruises, I think I've had my fill of snobs from this last cruise.  Regent passengers are not typically snobs - vocally requiring/requesting special treatment because they may be in a higher category suite than someone else.  People staying in upper suites know the benefits that they are afforded by paying more money.  Some things are obvious to everyone - having a 1,000 sq. ft. suite with a huge balcony vs a 350 sq. ft. suite with a balcony.

IF (and I capitalized "if" intentionally), these benefits for Master and Grand suites will cause a "one-timer" to return to Regent - then it is worth it. 

P.S.  It is interesting to note that most posters on the thread stay in top suites and have not acquired loyalty benefits (exception is Hambagahle).  Readers should take this into consideration as well.

All luxury lines have a VIP status on the high end suites and certainly the Regent Suite regardless of how many cruises one may have as they are paying the big $$$$.  Nobody cares and nobody needs to know unless a guest invites people or is poorly braggadocios.  I say, they are entitled for what they are paying to have the extra benefits.  It’s personal and nobody needs to know about it unless you tell them.  Nobody but our friends and crew know where we are on the ship.  Everybody is equal to us as far as we are concerned when we are out and about the ship and treated equally.  We dine with new people and drink with them and have never been asked about our status or stateroom.  We are far from snobs.  We have met many great people from all over the world in our many years of cruising and traveling land side.

MalbecWine - again - no one is arguing and I am not pointing fingers at anyone.  Not being familiar with Regent you may not know that there are many passengers on Regent that have VIP status - it has nothing to do with the suite they are in but rather their loyalty. Loyalty is important to Regent (as it should be).  Some "Diamond" (1,000 nights) and "Commodore" (2,000 nights) Seven Seas Society members have never stayed in a upper tier suite.  I find this interesting.

I am familiar with Regent and have two bookings and have had six sailing with them between Radisson and Regent.  The Explorer and Splendor are the only ships we are interested in.  Yes, we book the upper suites for space but also will enjoy the amenities like you do.  We also have two other cruises booked on another luxury line and nobody needs to know our accommodations as we are all equal when we step out.  We just simply love our space including at our home.  Two bathrooms works for us.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

MalbecWine - again - no one is arguing and I am not pointing fingers at anyone.  Not being familiar with Regent you may not know that there are many passengers on Regent that have VIP status - it has nothing to do with the suite they are in but rather their loyalty. Loyalty is important to Regent (as it should be).  Some "Diamond" (1,000 nights) and "Commodore" (2,000 nights) Seven Seas Society members have never stayed in a upper tier suite.  I find this interesting.

I understand what your saying, and even though I'm only Gold I believe people that are higher should and deserve VIP perks.  It's just the way it is. I know you don't agree, but it's no different than the Airlines and Hotel programs. That said I also believe that people who pay for a larger suite should get perks within the suite, even outside the suite if it isn't in your face.  Like you said the Executive Lounge on "O" is just that and not needed. I would never go into that lounge, you can get better from your Butler in your suite.  People have to realize life is what it is, if you don't think Travel Agents don't get VIP service on a cruise in any suite-even if it was comp you're just wrong. It happens!  I like and purchase a higher end  suite because I want the larger  space and additional services.  That's me and the way I think.  Once on the ship and outside the suite no one knows what suite I'm in, nor do I care which one they have.  I enjoy people because of who they are, not what suite they have.