Cabin near stairs or elevator? (on Sun)

DeBlonde1

I am booking a cruise on the Norwegian Sun and I am debating on cabins.    There is an inside cabin - 5103 that backs up to an elevator, or 5101 and 5102 that seem to back up to the stairs.   Has anyone ever been in these cabins or have advice on either situation?   Would the elevators be loud at night?   I am not overly concerned about the common areas near either room   -  just the stair vs. elevator component.  Any advice? Thanks in advance. 

020B66EF-423D-428A-8EB1-5949E14706F8.png

If I had to guess, 5103 is likely going to generate more noise than either 5101 or 5102. The elevator equipment is still likely going up and down 24x7. I wouldn't think that the foot traffic on the stairs would make a significant noise.

Haven't been on the Sun, but we actually like cabins near the stairs/elevators and have been booking them on purpose.  It's so much more convenient than trekking down long hallways.

So far (on other cruise lines) we have not noticed any additional noise or congestion.

The elevator stopping at your deck - that ding dong announcement maybe bothersome.

The stairs of course don't go ding dong.

5103 also opens to a high traffic area "Guest Entrance" !

This Guest Entrance may be used for embarking and disembarking from the SUN.

What is on either side of 5103 (blank white space) maybe quiet as a church house mouse -OR-

who knows what mayhem noise generated by man. Perhaps elevator maintenance ?

One thing for sure cabin 5103 has location location location.

The other stairway cabins only have to contend with local passageway traffic.

If you are not in your cabin except for sleep noise should not be a problem during the day -

at night however I seriously question the merits of this cabin without having a personal reference

of someone who has stayed/used this cabin. There is just too much potential for unsettling noise.

This cabin must be the least expensive cabin on the ship -

For a few dollars more or even the same I think one could do better - much better.

My suggestion try and get one of the sideway inside cabins getting more usable convenient space

and a much quieter location. 

All in all , having a cabin near stairs or an elevator isn't bad we've had many of them...what can be bad is the people exiting the elevator or on the stairs....time of night...amount of people...etc.🤗