Booking the thalassotherapy pool

DebbieMacG

Can the thalosso pool be booked for the whole cruise before you board the ship? I know they only sell a certain number of passes and am worried about getting one. I can’t use the normal pool as it has ladder style steps and I’m disabled, I use a wheelchair and can walk a very short distance so the shallow thalosso pool steps would be ok. My medical condition means I need hydrotherapy a couple of times a week so to be able to still do this on holiday is essential for me, there’s no hoist for the main pool.

Edited by DebbieMacG

You cannot prebook normally - have you included this need on your special needs form I assume you submitted to Azamara with your booking?  If you forgot to include this need, you could email the department again.  The main pool hot tubs do not have ladder steps though you might need help balancing to step over into the pool.

2 hours ago, uktog said:

You cannot prebook normally - have you included this need on your special needs form I assume you submitted to Azamara with your booking?  If you forgot to include this need, you could email the department again.  The main pool hot tubs do not have ladder steps though you might need help balancing to step over into the pool.

No I didn’t I just thought I would pay for the two weeks, but that’s a good idea thanks, I’ll email them and see if they can help.

Last time on Azamara  I couldn’t use the pool and managed the hot tub with help, although it’s not easy. I did take a look at the thalosso pool but it was near the end of the cruise and I’d thought it was a suites only area up till then. The steps look better/easier than the hot tubs from memory and from photos I’ve seen. I can do my very basic exercises in a hot tub but a warm pool is better, it’s what enables me to still walk a little so is important to me. I can only go twice a week at home so the thought of using it every day sounds amazing (I know it might be closed sometimes) 

Your help is appreciated 😀

• Like 1

I have mobility issues though not to the extent you have Debbie and I don’t find The thalassotherapy pool any easier to access than the main pool. The drops on the steps are quite high. Sorry 

5 hours ago, uktog said:

I have mobility issues though not to the extent you have Debbie and I don’t find The thalassotherapy pool any easier to access than the main pool. The drops on the steps are quite high. Sorry 

Oh that’s not good and really disappointing, the photos I’ve seen must be deceiving, I saw it in April but only glanced at it, it looks like I’ll just have to manage with the hot tub, they have a lots of steps to get up to but are “normal” steps at least.

Just to double check, you mean the steps in the water of the thalassotherapy pool are as steep as the ladder steps in the main pool? Or do you mean the steps to get to the pool itself? 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Edited by DebbieMacG

1 hour ago, DebbieMacG said:

Oh that’s not good and really disappointing, the photos I’ve seen must be deceiving, I saw it in April but only glanced at it, it looks like I’ll just have to manage with the hot tub, they have a lots of steps to get up to but are “normal” steps at least.

Just to double check, you mean the steps in the water of the thalassotherapy pool are as steep as the ladder steps in the main pool? Or do you mean the steps to get to the pool itself? 

Thanks so much for your help. 

I find the hot tub has more of a step down to get in and on Pursuit it's even more difficult because of the way round the tub is in relation to the bars at the top. Just be careful.  When you get on ask for a tour of the tpool area as you are thinking of buying a pass for the reasons you state here. See what you think. Give it a go.  Try before you buy. They'll be accommodating I'm sure  

Phil 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I think once I’ve boarded I will go and have a look and see if it’s suitable for me, if it is then hopefully I can get a place. I will also email special needs as suggested.