Latitudes Points Question - Gold

ddlb

My Latitudes account shows 51 points and Latitues Gold.

But it shows on a chart you have to have 54 points to be Gold.

I do have a 5 day cruise booked in April but I thought you don't get credit for the points till after you cruise!

I am totally confused.  

Can anyone tell me why I now am Gold!  THANKS

Under the old rules, you needed 48 points to be gold.

Whilst NCL haven't specifically said so, they have been honouring the old levels, which is why you are now gold.

It isn't clear what qualifies people for being grandfathered in to the old tier level points, but it seems that it is applying to most people.

I think the grandfathering has to do with when you originally booked a cruise.  If 48 points were required to hit Gold when you booked the cruise, you were awarded Gold when you exceeded 48 points even though the requirements changed after you booked (and before you sailed).  

46 minutes ago, JustAllie said:

I think the grandfathering has to do with when you originally booked a cruise.  If 48 points were required to hit Gold when you booked the cruise, you were awarded Gold when you exceeded 48 points even though the requirements changed after you booked (and before you sailed).  

That is what NCL officially said, but they have been grandfathering for cruises which were booked after that date.

As far as I can tell, they are using the old tier levels for everyone who was a latitudes member at the time they changed the structure.

58 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

That is what NCL officially said, but they have been grandfathering for cruises which were booked after that date.

As far as I can tell, they are using the old tier levels for everyone who was a latitudes member at the time they changed the structure.

I guess we should not look a gift horse in the mouth!  :classic_biggrin:

32 minutes ago, ZsaZsa2019 said:

I cruised with NCL back in 1996 ish.  I don't have any Latitudes info or number, can they look up that far back?  Might be nice to have that on record.

You might have to provide some proof of having sailed the cruises back then.  A lot of cruise lines now days will only add loyalty points earned in the previous 12 months.

21 minutes ago, mugtech said:

You might have to provide some proof of having sailed the cruises back then.  A lot of cruise lines now days will only add loyalty points earned in the previous 12 months.

NCL is pretty good at restoring points to old and existing accounts if you have some shred of cruise data about

your last cruise. 

"BUT" recently they have taken a petty position of not wanting to be bothered to wit:

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Never the less don't let NCL cop out on your earned rewards - maybe you saved your key card - an invoice - a statement -

those have your rewards ID number on them somewhere substantiating your cruise presence. If you don't have that

info maybe a traveling partner fellow guest does to pin the data down to a specific ship sailing and date.

If you started a new rewards account number - research find the old account and merge the two !

One may not think much of the miniscule benefits of being Bronze or Silver but these add up and the perks of

Platinum are not to be ignored - dinners wine laundry !