Packing Cubes

SoftballMom8

Well I have been seeing a lot of people talking about using packing cubes in their suit cases. Not the ones that you have to use a vac with. The Packing cubes that just zip up. Has can one used them and do they really work?? I have heard that you can use them and pack everything for a 7 day cruise in just a carry on. Any feed back would be helpful. 

I love my set. I was skeptical that they could make that much of a difference but I won't pack without them now. It does compress packing some. Not the miracle amount some people claim. 7 days worth in one carry on, humm, maybe, depending on what you are packing. For most women I know they are at least going to be doing a suitcase and a carry on even with the cubes. They do make packing and unpacking convenient. I pack like items together.  I don't usually unpack it. I just pull out the cube and put in on the shelf  or in the drawer. It keeps things all organized until I need it. I do find my clothes are less wrinkled since I use them. I got mine from ebags. They are a good middle of the road brand. 

• Thanks 1

I think they are great. I also use the compression kind that you just expel the air without a vacuum. (My way is to close the bag, lay it on the floor and lay on top of it to force out the air—takes a little practice). The cubes keep everything in order if you need to search for something in your suitcase or if TSA inspects. I can do a week in a carryon—except for shoes.

They are available from ebags, Gander mtn, Eddie Bauer, AAA

• Thanks 1

Love them.  I gave a set to my daughter a couple of years ago and she raved so much about them that I got a set for myself.  Now I'm getting a second set for my husband.  I got ours from Amazon.  For things like t-shirts,  underwear, etc. you don't even have to bother to take them out of the cube - just lay it open on a shelf.

• Thanks 1

Yes they work. I love them. I bought sets for my boys....they aren't as sold on them but for big trips they will use them. I use them for even my long weekends. Get different sizes. My set came with a large (jeans, sweatshirts), a medium (t-shirts, tops) and a small (underwear). I now have stolen my boys bags most of the time for the medium bags and find that the medium ones make my packing very flexible. I roll my clothing and that helps as well. I found mine on eBags.

• Thanks 1

I'm a longtime user of packing cubes and folders.  Started back in 2000 with a folder for a 3-week winter tour in Europe.  Now, I have a variety of cubes and folders.   I don't travel anymore without them.  My current favorites are the Eagle Creek Specter series.  They aren't "hard" corners, but adapt to whatever you put in there and are extremely lightweight.  I use one to put my change of clothes for my trips in my daypack.  If I'm staying someplace long enough to unpack, I just put the cubes in the drawers.  I'll take the shirts out of the folder and hang, but that's it. 

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't travel without them - whether for a cruise, a road trip, or a flight to stay wherever. Best way to learn how they might benefit your packing is to watch some youtube videos. Here's one to start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Aw-DNzbCo

This video is from ebags, a great source of all things travel. But there are tons of others, just search youtube.

We usually buy from ebags when they have sales, the quality is excellent. But there are many other options to buy, again just do your googling.

https://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes?sort=featuredproduct

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1