Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
NoWhiners

How are the Swans doing, 2019

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

ML, you really missed a ripper game! Next week's Preliminary Finals - Richmond v Geelong Friday 20th at 7.50 pm local time (3.50 am your time) and Collingwood v GWS Saturday 21st at  4.35 pm local time (12.35 am your time). Both games are at the MCG.

 

 

Hmm, 4 am I should be able to do. I'll have to see if the games are carried here. It's tough this time of year, with College and Pro football, but those times should be good. Might have to set an alarm for 12:30! Maybe I can just sleep in front of the TV that night 😴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

 

 

Hmm, 4 am I should be able to do. I'll have to see if the games are carried here. It's tough this time of year, with College and Pro football, but those times should be good. Might have to set an alarm for 12:30! Maybe I can just sleep in front of the TV that night 😴

If you are going to sleep, you may as well be in bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

If you are going to sleep, you may as well be in bed.

 

 Well yes, but my intent is to stay awake. We have very comfy chairs in the living room; they are electric and it extends to a sleep position very easily. Another example of American decadence I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NoWhiners said:

 

 Well yes, but my intent is to stay awake. We have very comfy chairs in the living room; they are electric and it extends to a sleep position very easily. Another example of American decadence I reckon.

Hook yourself up to a coffee drip and you will be fine.😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MicCanberra said:

Hook yourself up to a coffee drip and you will be fine.😪

 

OMG, I never thought of that!! That would be perfect.

 

Great idea, I will take it as my own 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Just make sure it is not Colombian coffee or you may well become an addict.

 

I like coffee, but  I don't love it. Maybe it is self-protecting??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

 

I like coffee, but  I don't love it. Maybe it is self-protecting??

I am an addict, if I haven't had a coffee with in an hour or two of getting up, I will develop a bad headache, which is only rid by having a coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am an addict, if I haven't had a coffee with in an hour or two of getting up, I will develop a bad headache, which is only rid by having a coffee.

 

Wow, you got it bad! Do your hands shake until you drink some???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

 

Wow, you got it bad! Do your hands shake until you drink some???

no, it is not quite that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

General consensus seems to be the Geelong left at half time to beat the traffic back down Princes Highway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

 

General consensus seems to be the Geelong left at half time to beat the traffic back down Princes Highway.

 

Seemed that way, Certainly a game of two halves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

 

General consensus seems to be the Geelong left at half time to beat the traffic back down Princes Highway.

 

As soon as Richmond took the lead the writing was on the board for Geelong. 

Looking forward to the game later this afternoon. 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A wet dour day for the Giants, Pies game and at half time  it is the pies up by 3 points 3.2 (20) - 2.5 (17)

Giants hit the lead early in the 3rd and now lead by 10 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 point win by Giants. Richmond v Giants Grand final next Saturday. A great last quarter by the Magpies but couldn't take the lead. A controversial goal by Collingwood wasn't overturned when the TV coverage clearly showed the ball was touched before crossing the line. Even though a Victorian, I'll be barracking for the Giants next Saturday.

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great game, I had to go out for our club presentation night (Soccer) and by the time I arrived the Giants had a great lead going into the 4th quarter 49 - 23, was very exciting as Collingwood slowly whittled the lead down and could have won it.

Giants won points 8.8 (26) - 7.10 (52)

 

P.s I won golden boot for my team and the club (there is 4 teams) and I also won Clubman of the year. I am very stoked at that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

What a great game, I had to go out for our club presentation night (Soccer) and by the time I arrived the Giants had a great lead going into the 4th quarter 49 - 23, was very exciting as Collingwood slowly whittled the lead down and could have won it.

Giants won points 8.8 (26) - 7.10 (52)

 

P.s I won golden boot for my team and the club (there is 4 teams) and I also won Clubman of the year. I am very stoked at that one.

It sure was exciting Mic! Congratulations on your soccer awards. Well done!

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another AFL season done and dusted. Richmond are premiers after absolutely smashing the GWS. Final scores - 

Tigers 17.12.114 d Giants 3.7.25. Over a 100,00 attended the match which is quite amazing. My son, son in law and his twin brother lined up outside the Melbourne Cricket Club reserve at 5 am to obtain seats when the gates opened at 8 am. They managed to get three of the best seats in the ground - level 2, almost on the wing. I decided not to line up with them and stayed at home to watch the game. 

 

Now for the trade period in a week or so and draft later in November. Then it will almost be time for the 2020 season!

 

Go Bombers!

 

Leigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...