Wifi on the Horizon ?

christydore

I think its awesome for people to disconnect on vacation that is just not a option for everyone anymore.  With the limited tv selections sometimes its nice to just have the availability to be in your cabin or sit on your balcony and watch a movie or show.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, Saint Greg said:

One device can be logged into each plan at a time. For someone else to log in, you have to log off. You decide how many plans you need.

Saint Greg, were you the one who said you were watching YouTube on the Vista? Carnival's FAQ's say the Premium plan doesn't support access to video and music streaming (other than Netflix on Vista & Horizon), but I remember someone say they were using YouTube on Vista.

Edited by Organized Chaos

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

Saint Greg, were you the one who said you were watching YouTube on the Vista? Carnival's FAQ's say the Premium plan doesn't support access to video and music streaming (other than Netflix on Vista & Horizon), but I remember someone say they were using YouTube on Vista.

It was me.

fd039a376ae5acac9a5439c8a09e8207.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, Saint Greg said:

That's good btw. I was streaming youtube TV the entire cruise...all over the ship...uploading videos...everything.

Saint Greg: Did you buy the Wifi Premium package to be able to do that? We are YouTube TV subscribers too. We will be on the Vista next March and we will want to watch the March Madness games. I know we can go to the sports bar but it would be nice to be able to watch it from our room as well. Thanks!

43 minutes ago, cruzn_n_peruzn said:

Saint Greg: Did you buy the Wifi Premium package to be able to do that? We are YouTube TV subscribers too. We will be on the Vista next March and we will want to watch the March Madness games. I know we can go to the sports bar but it would be nice to be able to watch it from our room as well. Thanks!

Carnival specifically states that the Premium plan doesn't support video & music streaming (other than Netflix on Vista, Horizon, & Sunrise). The fact that some of them do work is just icing on the cake.

I think they say certain online services aren't supported, even though some of them do often work, just to cover their rears. That way if people have problems using those services, Carnival's not responsible.

4 hours ago, cruzn_n_peruzn said:

I had premium. I can’t say whether or not it would’ve worked on a lower plan.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coevan said:

if there is enough speed, I don't know how they prevent you to log onto YouTube 

Yea, they can limit the sites you visit, the same way businesses and schools do.

• Like 1