Coco Cay Cabana Bar service recently?

SAmome

First time in a Cabana and hoping for better service than this review.  Anyone been in a Coco Cay Cabana this month and report similar?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=652344

The view from the cabanas was subpar. The beverage service in the lunch area was broken. Fortunately we had brought our own water to drink. We were never approached by any servers on the beach to see if we wanted something to drink.

I would say the comments referred to are not indicative of the usual service on Coco Cay provided by the ship's crew. These comments as well as others less than favorable about this ship seem to be somewhat nit picking.

Also, this was one of the first ships to dock at Coco Cay which probably had some effect on crew assignments e.g. bar servers for the additional amenities such as the bar by the fresh water pool. 

We are going to Coco Cay in April on 3 B2Bs and are looking forward to the upgrades at Coco Cay!!!!

To piggyback on this thread with a related question, are the Chill Island Cabanas new, or are they the existing beach cabanas just renamed?

The interactive Pefect Day page on Royals website makes them seem new.  The picture in my Cruise Planner showing the marker location for them, makes them seem like the existing ones.

I have one booked for the end of May, but am second guessing my choice.

Dan.

8 hours ago, Dan-P said:

To piggyback on this thread with a related question, are the Chill Island Cabanas new, or are they the existing beach cabanas just renamed?

The interactive Pefect Day page on Royals website makes them seem new.  The picture in my Cruise Planner showing the marker location for them, makes them seem like the existing ones.

I have one booked for the end of May, but am second guessing my choice.

Dan.

same question here

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone will chime in with very recent experience that they have fixed some of the issues.  All I can think is that they needed to shift more staff to pool area and that it will be difficult to get good bar service as it needs to spread out over the island.

I was thinking bar service would be BETTER than normal booking my first cabana but recent reviews mention lack of options available for cabanas (beer and coco locos) in addition to lack of servers.

Do the cabanas some with a cooler of ice for the waterbottles?  I'm wondering about bringing a bottle of white wine to the cabana even tho have drink package, for convenience. 

On 3/29/2019 at 3:06 AM, mcatmcat said:

same question here

image.png.0596afe0f4fcf908b1d13ed66ba9b02e.png

From everything I've read, I believe the current Oceanview Deluxe Cabanas next to "Wavehut" will become the "Chill Island Cabanas" May 1st.  

Recent complaints about bar service might be related to the number of bars and servers stretched out.  The bar nearest the current cabanas is called "Wacky Seagull JR. Bar".  A review mentioned only able to get beer and coco locos (likely from a cooler).  It could be the "JR" relates to a smaller bar with fewer options.  For full bar menu may need to go to "Wacky seagull bar" by beach rentals or the swim up bar.  

Only mentioning this level of detail in case anyone is on the fence about a cabana, could be important to them, so fyi.

• Like 1

There was a cooler with 4 bottles of water in the cabana last week.  No one came around to check on us for any reason.  If you wanted a drink, you had to walk to the small bar under the shelter that also holds the buffet.

As you stood in line for a drink, you could hear the bar staff say "we don't have that" quite often.  Every frozen drink order turned into a CocoLoco.

If you wanted a ride over to the cabana area, you stood in line with those going to the bungalows - they just dropped off cabana people first.  As you left the area to return to the ship, the wristbands attracted the attention of several drivers to pick you up quickly.  

5 hours ago, ptod said:

There was a cooler with 4 bottles of water in the cabana last week.  No one came around to check on us for any reason.  If you wanted a drink, you had to walk to the small bar under the shelter that also holds the buffet.

As you stood in line for a drink, you could hear the bar staff say "we don't have that" quite often.  Every frozen drink order turned into a CocoLoco.

Ugh, were you disappointed to have to stand in line for a drink?  Have you stayed at a cabana previously and had better service?

Was there ice in the cooler (if wanted to bring your own wine bottle)?  

• Like 1