Vista late dining versus YTD

KimmieTN

My husband and I have always booked late dining which works really well for us.  However, for an upcoming cruise, my PVP automatically booked YTD for myself, my two daughter's and one of their friends.  I am curious to know what activities we will miss if I switch to late dining.  I am cruising with two 22 year olds who love activities and do not want to miss anything.    I'm not even sure if late dining is possible as we booked late for an August cruise.  I cannot find the 7 night Vista fun times in a font large enough to read :) Does anyone know what activities are on the vista between 8 and 10:30 p.m. that might be missed with late dining?  My husband and I are not "show" people, but my daughter always participates in karaoke, games, scavenger hunts, shows, and night club, but I hate to do YTD and get stuck with an hour wait.  Help!!  

If you want, you can always go with YTD and just eat at the same time as late dining each night! You can also request the same table/staff if you find one you like... normally they can accommodate you, especially if you're not eating during prime time (6:30 to 7:30)...

We really prefer YTD because we usually eat around 6 at home, plus when we're cruising YTD lets us eat when we're hungry, not when we're scheduled... we just manage it around any activities we want to do- we just go eat before or after the activities/shows we're interested in attending.

If you stay with late..you won't miss anything. We were on Vista 1 1/2 years ago...and had late dining. They offer 2 shows...so you/they can attend the late show...the Comedians don't start until later...The club doesn't open up until 11ish....  You/they will be just fine

19 hours ago, KimmieTN said:

However, for an upcoming cruise, my PVP automatically booked YTD for myself, my two daughter's and one of their friends.  

11 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

If you stay with late..you won't miss anything. We were on Vista 1 1/2 years ago...and had late dining. They offer 2 shows...so you/they can attend the late show...the Comedians don't start until later...The club doesn't open up until 11ish....  You/they will be just fine

Unfortunately, they aren't booked for late dining.  

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I realize that.... However she was inquiring if she would be impacted activity wise if they ended up getting late seating 

7 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

But as I pointed out in my post, YTD can also be late dining, and lcpagejr was just pointing out that if they choose to dine at that time, they shouldn't miss anything...

It appears late dining is waitlisted, but we had decided to stay with YTD this cruise anyway.  This past January, we did not eat in he dining one or two nights on our 5 night cruise.  Hopefully, wait times will not be 1.5 hours as I have heard they can be on the Vista.  Thanks everybody.  

20 minutes ago, KimmieTN said:

It appears late dining is waitlisted, but we had decided to stay with YTD this cruise anyway.  This past January, we did not eat in he dining one or two nights on our 5 night cruise.  Hopefully, wait times will not be 1.5 hours as I have heard they can be on the Vista.  Thanks everybody.  

If the waits have been that long, my guess is it happened on formal nights at 6:00.  I'm also assigned YTD next year, so I hope it's going smoothly.