Cruise Critic Community
Garf

Spa Treatment on Carnival

Posted (edited)

Anyone uses the Spa treatment on there cruise ? I have been using this since 2009 on Carnival and enjoyed it. I had a couple of times were I had to tell the Spa person to stop up selling me , but a part from that it has been great.

Edited by Garf

You'll get the same sales push. I only did it once and it will be the last time. I told the technician that I didn't want to be sold too because I heard how they were in advance. That didn't stop her. I finally told her that if she tried to sell me one more thing there would be no tip. Didn't stop her so I didn't tip her. I left feeling pissed off instead of relaxed. 

I use them every cruise.  They usually explain the products they are using if you consider that "selling".  Other than that, nope.  They do an excellent job and quite frankly, the products are very good and not unreasonable.

1 hour ago, cloudninecat said:

You'll get the same sales push. I only did it once and it will be the last time. I told the technician that I didn't want to be sold too because I heard how they were in advance. That didn't stop her. I finally told her that if she tried to sell me one more thing there would be no tip. Didn't stop her so I didn't tip her. I left feeling pissed off instead of relaxed. 

They automatically add 15%gratuity whether you tip extra or not.

If it's about the money, no. If you want to say you got a massage on a cruise ship, yes. An hour massage on the ship is $120 and it's 55 minutes. Generally a massage is about $60 an hour at home. 

When I first started cruising, I used to get a massage on the cruise. I quickly learned and now, just being on the ship is relaxing enough and surpasses any massage. 😉

Getting a massage is part of my cruising experience.  When they start the sales pitch,  I just politely say no thank you.  It's as simple as that.