Cruise Critic Community
RMS Olympic

Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady

To my shock I just booked a 5 night cruise on the Scarlet Lady for my birthday in Sept 2020.

i was #18 on the original signup list and cancelled it because I felt i in no way fit the demographics. Well since I am interested in the ship,service and food, what the hell. If it’s all body beautiful, which I doubt, I’ll just sip my cocktails and enjoy all the scenery and attitude. 

I think I read somewhere there are drag servers onboard......oh My!!!  

Anyone else going to chance this new product?

Definitely interested and will book most likely a B2B once Nov 2020 schedule is released.    I just dont have any desire to go to the Caribbean during the hot/humid summer months.

dave

Hi SC, I know what you mean. But for me it will be cooler considering the sea breeze. I’m just curious as to how successful this South Beach flavored line will be. I got my single windowed cabin assigned, so I’m red TA go.

I don’t have a big interest in it yet. Maybe, as more info is released, it will grow on me. I think I like the traditional lines and all that goes with it. Even the beds on this new ship looked strange. Lol

This ship is very hi-tech and seems to cater to younger crowds, based on their promotion materials. The price runs around $1600 for 5 nights cruise to Caribbean. From a business stand-point, it is not easy fill up all the cabins with the competitive cruise market today.

We were booked on a 5 night Cuba cruise but changed it.

We are on the 7 Night Xmas cruise in 2020.

I find it interesting, if not a little sad, that you have concern about the "body beautiful" onboard. 

Sadly, this is why I dislike Virgin as a brand... They promote this young and beautiful world which makes many feel excluded or intimidated to book. Not saying that you are intimidated by it all, but the fact that you felt it warranted being mentioned so far before you even set foot onboard is sad. 

Same with the airline... All fur coat and no knickers, putting on a show with no real substance. 

I hope you enjoy it, but a ship I will never set foot onboard. 

To say my comments are sad sounds judgemental. 

I think the image that Virgin is promoting is just like any other cruise line ad on tv... I have yet to see an obese tattoo pierced person on ads... all trim and nicely dressed.All the Sandal resort ads on tv have buffed bodies....as if that’s reality.

I could care less as to what people look like... it’s attirude, rudeness and mean behavior with a sense of entitlement I can’t stand...... and these characteristics can be found on any cruise ship, and any cruise line.

So Im going.... gonna have a great time. 

Voyage # 90....... here I come 😁😁😁

I prefer smaller, traditional ships and cruises - so not surprisingly their product doesn't appeal at all.  I have flown on Virgin Atlantic airlines once and thought it was great.

Hi RMS Olympic...not sure if this is of any interest, but bearcruise.com just announced a 5 night on the Scarlet Lady Oct 25, 2020 with an optional extension to celebrate Halloween in Ft Lauderdale post-cruise....I've sailed with Adventure Bears a few times, but never with a bearcruise.com group and really want to try this new ship so I'm booking...I'm 50 and will be happy with a group of fellow bears sailing along for the ride!

Hi aperrotta1969! Thanks for the posting. I’m booked on the Sept 13, 2020 five night sailing which is on my birthday week. 

I was originally concerned about demographics, but VV told me on the phone their average age on bookings is 51. So I’m comfy with trying this new ship, new cruise line. I was also told LGBTQ bookings are substantial.... guess the adult only lends itself to family cruisers.

As for bear cruises..... my only experience was on the first Caribbean sailing of the Royal Princess. Chumley bear cruises was onboard in great numbers. I was not part of the group but met many of the guys. 

I hope you give VV a try...... I’m going to plan on a great experience....if I don’t have a good time it will be my own fault.

ps... as a gym rat I’m hoping the equipment is superior... and eye candy is of high calorie contents 🤪😎🤓😝

Great! Our VV rep was in the office on Friday and he mentioned the average age of their cruisers as being in their 50s, so that was pretty cool. Please do post what you think of your Sept 2020 cruise since I will likely do the bear one in October and you seemed like a seasoned cruiser, so I'm certainly excited to hear your opinion! I love the idea of going to Bimini since I've never been, and a beach bonfire sounds awesome! Looking forward to hearing more as they reveal their restaurant and bar options and REALLY stoked about 18+ on board!!!