How long does it take to get assigned a voyager #

missemo12345

This is what I did.  I had applied for one about 6 weeks prior to booking a cruise with MSC and never heard back even with a follow up email.

I was advised by the customer service rep to go ahead and book the cruise and then join the Voyagers Club with my booking # and stateroom # .

So that’s what I did, and voila once I filled out the form with those numbers they immediately assigned me a Voyagers club #....and I mean immediately, it was as soon as I clicked on “submit”, it showed up on the screen.

It took a call to customer service for me to get my status match and discount but we got it after that.

Good luck!

I submitted our applications last weekend (Sunday I think) and received replies on Thursday. 

Not to hijack this thread (or at least not much)...I am wondering why I received a black card membership and my DH received a gold even though we are both elite with the same number (25) of cruises on Princess.  I sent an email but haven't received a reply or even an acknowledgment.  Has anyone else had this experience?  If so, how was it handled?  Thanks.

45 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I submitted our applications last weekend (Sunday I think) and received replies on Thursday. 

Hi! Where did you find your Voyager number? E-mail or MSC website log in? Thanks.

MSC is very inconsistent with this.  I did not hear back from them, but when I booked our cruise, I was able to enter the member area with the e-mail address I had provided for status match, and saw that my status had been matched (black card).  After we booked the cruise, I tried to sign DH up.  This was at least a month ago.  There was no reply again, and I am unable to access his membership with the e-mail we used to sign him up.  It does say that he is a voyager member on our reservation, but does not provide a number or status. 🤷‍♀️

On 3/31/2019 at 4:25 PM, capriccio said:

Not to hijack this thread (or at least not much)...I am wondering why I received a black card membership and my DH received a gold even though we are both elite with the same number (25) of cruises on Princess.  I sent an email but haven't received a reply or even an acknowledgment.  Has anyone else had this experience?  If so, how was it handled?  Thanks.

Just an update.  I resent the email on Monday and today received a reply stating that "your points are 10000 which is our Black card status. Our agent just mistyped Gold. "  I had fears we wouldn't receive a response so I am very pleased both with the timing and the nature of the response.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

Just an update.  I resent the email on Monday and today received a reply stating that "your points are 10000 which is our Black card status. Our agent just mistyped Gold. "  I had fears we wouldn't receive a response so I am very pleased both with the timing and the nature of the response.

well done, that's good news.

Took about 3 1/2 weeks, multiple submissions, multiple screen shots, and a couple of escalations to a MSC rep I met at a travel expo. Still no confirmation back from MSC but I did notice that my booking now has a Voyager number listed and I had my cruise tickets resent and the Gold status is listed. I pushed this hard because this was a last minute booking and I'm sailing in 4 days. 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I finally  got my status match through  from MSC. We are  Diamond  on RCL, but they sent Gold Voyages cards (is that  right?) 

There were no membership numbers given,  so l had to get back to MSC and A week later they emailed  the numbers through 

Just to update on status match - We are Diamond on RCL, and were  "matched" to  Voyager "Gold". MSC have  today confirmed that  we have 4300 points, with 10000 needed for Black. Status match doesn't seem as generous as it used to be. 

On 4/10/2019 at 8:00 AM, Sancho_proudfoot said:

Just to update on status match - We are Diamond on RCL, and were  "matched" to  Voyager "Gold". MSC have  today confirmed that  we have 4300 points, with 10000 needed for Black. Status match doesn't seem as generous as it used to be. 

A further update on this!  I went back to MSC and queried the Status Match to "Gold" from RCL Diamond. I have today had an email confirming that we are, in fact "Black" in the Voyagers Club.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:40 AM, styles27 said:

This is what I did.  I had applied for one about 6 weeks prior to booking a cruise with MSC and never heard back even with a follow up email.

I was advised by the customer service rep to go ahead and book the cruise and then join the Voyagers Club with my booking # and stateroom # .

So that’s what I did, and voila once I filled out the form with those numbers they immediately assigned me a Voyagers club #....and I mean immediately, it was as soon as I clicked on “submit”, it showed up on the screen.

It took a call to customer service for me to get my status match and discount but we got it after that.

Good luck!

We did not have a Voyager Club number when we booked cruise, but when we applied it happened quite quickly, maybe 2 weeks.  Because we booked through a TA we are still waiting for our 5% discount, which will eventually come out of the TA's pocket, 4 - 6 weeks post cruise.

On 3/31/2019 at 8:40 AM, styles27 said:

Good luck!

What do you mean by status match?