Aurora New Cabins D208

Malc 1962

Hi all,

Have just had my cabin allocated for our upcoming cruise.

Cabin D208, this is a new cabin built where the old kids club was.

Has anyone stayed in it yet? Any photos?

What's it like noise wise?

Any responses are appreciated

I think the first cruise after the refit sails tomorrow?

I would love one of the new cabins as the majority were quite dated, but not sure how much, if any work has been done to these.

My only concern would be noise as I believe they are above the nightclub, Carmens.

Have a fantastic time and please report back, we are on Aurora in June.

Andy

That would be great! We want to book a cruise on Aurora for next year and wondered about one of the new large obstructed cabins but don't want to book without knowing how bad the obstruction is.I e mailed P and O but they have said they haven t got any photos.

I had been looking at D210 which is a large obstructed cabin (no balcony).It would still be interesting to see photos of one of the new cabins in case in the future we decide to book a balcony

3 hours ago, Malc 1962 said:

Hi Ann, don't think D208 is obstructed, at least it better not be, I booked a deluxe balcony cabin, wouldn't expect that to have any obstructive view

The new deck plans for Aurora (post refit) are misleading, in that some of the symbols used within cabins are not described. However, if you cross reference the use of those symbols on other ships in the fleet, D208 would have a shower only (no bath), and the balcony is steel fronted and is partially shaded. So it’s not listed as obstructed view, but obviously a steel fronted balcony does, by definition, restict the view quite a bit in comparison to the glass fronted balconies elsewhere. With a glass fronted balcony you can enjoy a good view from within the cabin whereas with a steel fronted one you only see the sky until you are on the balcony. Hope that helps to inform as to whether or not this cabin would be suitable for you. 

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

I had been looking at D210 which is a large obstructed cabin (no balcony).It would still be interesting to see photos of one of the new cabins in case in the future we decide to book a balcony

It looks as though D210 does have a balcony, but see previous post as the same applies to D210 as D208. 

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

It looks as though D210 does have a balcony, but see previous post as the same applies to D210 as D208. 

Yes.I should have gone to Specsavers!  I was looking at the wrong cabin.We are interested in booking one of the large ocean view cabins and the only cabins they have left on the cruise we are interested in are the new obstructed ones on D deck e.g number D191.Its making it very difficult to decide whether to book a large inside (For more space) or a normal outside(without obstructed view) or risk the large obstructed view cabin when there are no photos to see how obstructed the view is.

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It appears that all the new balcony cabins on D Deck have steel fronted balconies, seems a bit shortsighted on P&O's part.

I agree. Far less desirable than glass fronted balconies due to the restrictions to outlook that they cause, and will be less popular as a result. We always have a balcony cabin but spend very little time on it. We primarily like the panoramic outlook that the floor to ceiling doors provide. I guess that, in this instance, it must have something to do with structural rigidity, given that the ship wasn’t originally designed to have a long run of balconies in this area?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think the first cruise after the refit sails tomorrow?

I would love one of the new cabins as the majority were quite dated, but not sure how much, if any work has been done to these.

My only concern would be noise as I believe they are above the nightclub, Carmens.

Have a fantastic time and please report back, we are on Aurora in June.

Andy

I have sailed on Oriana in one of the new cabins on her that replaced the kid's club area.  The cabin was kitted out identically to the older cabins with the same cabinetry etc, but was obviously fairly pristine being so new.  I was actually moved after about 5 days or so due to a problem with the water in the bathroom but whilst I was in that cabin, I didn't experience any noise from the lounge below - but then I am not an early-to-bed person 😁.  The location is pretty good - especially if in one of the inside cabins as you can get straight out onto the aft pool deck.

27 minutes ago, the english lady said:

Surely then they will match all the other balconies on that deck. Only B deck has the glass fronted balconies

Not so. A and C deck balconies are glass fronted. There is a slight steel wrap around the four corners, but the predominant frontage is glass. I believe that when P&O describe a balcony as being steel fronted then the entire frontage is solid steel - no glass at all.