CocoCay - what happened to bungalows and daybed options?

Just booked s trip in November with a stop at CoCoCay....

i see 3 different Cabana options (waterpark, oasis pool, chill beach) but none of the other options like bungalows or daybeds being shown.

curious if these other options available any longer

I had noticed that as well. We were there last fall and got one of the beds. Didn't see the beds available for our upcoming June cruise. I was wondering if they were sold out, or maybe they're doing construction on that part of the island now? I thought it was really nice down at that end of the island.

• Like 1

Our cruise is in a couple of weeks and I've been asking about this for months because the beds have popped on and off the cruise planner, but we never saw the cabanas and bungalows at all.  Both our TA and I have been given several different answers (first they were sold out, then we were told they could only be reserved onboard, then I was told they would be available "closer to our sailing date" and finally today I was told by email they are "not available for our cruise". No idea if they were ever available or not, but the whole thing has been frustrating.  May be construction related, but this is our first time going to Coco Cay, so I have no real idea.

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

We won’t be in CocoCay until June 2020.  No cabanas have appeared on the RCCL site, yet.  But there’s a Chill Island daybed option for $299.  I would like to compare all of our options before committing to a CocoCay expense.

if you feel its a good price, you can book it and if something better comes along you can cancel and rebook something else. this way you lock in a good price . if you wait.. the thing you might want might be sold out or much higher in price

Just food for thought

The bungalows and day beds were on south beach....which is where they are planning on opening the beach club and over water cabanas in Dec 2020.  Some of the daybeds and bungalow appear to have moved to chill island in the interim...but perhaps they are planning on moving more things around in Nov in advance of the grand opening?

12 hours ago, dodgestang said:

The bungalows and day beds were on south beach....which is where they are planning on opening the beach club and over water cabanas in Dec 2020.  Some of the daybeds and bungalow appear to have moved to chill island in the interim...but perhaps they are planning on moving more things around in Nov in advance of the grand opening?

Shouldn’t that be December 2019? 

The attractions and experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay are set to open in phases, with plans to have everything open for December 2019. But you can start earning your bragging rights and enjoying features like Thrill Waterpark℠, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aqua park, Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool and more.

& this...

When does Perfect Day at CocoCay open?

New attractions and experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay will open in phases, with the full completion planned for December 2019. Please find the opening dates below.

• NOW OPEN: The pier, Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aqua park, Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Captain Jill’s Galleon, Skipper’s Grill dining, Captain Jack’s, Chill Island, Chill Grill dining, Harbor Beach, Island Market, Logo Shop and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool
  • South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

Please note that these dates might be subject to change depending on the progress of construction.