Anthem Genie

I'm on a cruise in 2 days on Anthem...I have a Genie...I get they do things like dinner and show reservations...I already chatted with her via email.  What I don't understand is how/when you engage them for other things.  For example...my kids have the freedom to move about the ship and do things...I'm a sit in a chair and do nothing cruiser....so I won't have many things for a Genie to do for me...but my kids might...I don't expect her to follow them around like a wet nurse....but at the same time I'm not sure how they would do things like....get you on the bumper cars faster when you are in the mood.

They are there to help with what you have booked.  Since you have chatted with your genie already, once you get on board they can help you make or change dinner reservations, get your kids on the activities first, get you off the boat for any excursions and other minor things you might need.  One thing they are not is a personal maid.  We saw one couple expect their genie to stand in line for their food, order room service for them, and other silly things.  They are there to help you have a great time, not to be a babysitter or maid.  Who will your genie be?

45 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We saw one couple expect their genie to stand in line for their food, order room service for them, and other silly things

On HOTS last year, i was told explicitly by my genie to place room service through him , and not to call room service directly.... is this not true anymore?  

1 minute ago, Glide_Path said:

On HOTS last year, i was told explicitly by my genie to place room service through him , and not to call room service directly.... is this not true anymore?  

When the orders go through the Genie they are expedited.  When the Genie says jump, they jump...if you just pick up the phone and order room service it may not even flag your order as Star Class, so you wouldn't get service as quickly.  The Genie can also order room service from anywhere, not just the room service menus...you won't be able to do that without the Genie.

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

I'm on a cruise in 2 days on Anthem...I have a Genie...I get they do things like dinner and show reservations...I already chatted with her via email.  What I don't understand is how/when you engage them for other things.  For example...my kids have the freedom to move about the ship and do things...I'm a sit in a chair and do nothing cruiser....so I won't have many things for a Genie to do for me...but my kids might...I don't expect her to follow them around like a wet nurse....but at the same time I'm not sure how they would do things like....get you on the bumper cars faster when you are in the mood.

They will go over it all with you.  Usually for activities Star Class can skip the line by showing their key card.  Northstar and iFly will take you as walk-ups if they have room but the Genie will schedule you times for these to make sure you get a chance to enjoy them.

The bumper cars does have signage for Star Class to line up, but it's a little difficult to see when there's a line and it's going to require cutting in front of people.  Our Genie scheduled a time and met us and took us to the front of the line.  We were told after our first go we could jump back on if we let the activity staff know we wanted to, but we never took advantage of that and waited in line.

My bad.  We did not use room service on Anthem but Derick would have ordered for us.  On Oasis our genie gave us the direct line to room service so we could order from any and all restaurants.  By the ordering room service comment it was ordering hot dogs for them and then sending them back because the condiments were not correct and the order for hot dogs took over 3 hrs for the order because every time you order room service it is submitted, then to change it you go thru room service again and each order is separate so you would have several room service stewards at your room at close to the same time.  A waste of a genie's time when they have more than one suite to take care of.  We never saw a sign for Star Class for bumper cars or anything else but that could be because we were always booked a time and Derick met us at the event at that time. 

Wendy should be a great genie.  She is from the first genie class and has moved from Ovation to Anthem for a short time.  We are hoping to have her if she is back on Ovation when we sail Alaska in 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, Relaxinginthesun said:

Have read about several Anthem Genies, but haven’t seen any feedback in regards to Shane Palmer.  Has anyone had Shane before? 

We  just got off Anthem with Shane as our Genie. 2 adults and our 6 yo dd. Shane is incredible! Everywhere we went people knew and spoke highly of him. He always created us with a smile and got to know us throughout our trip. He handled every change in schedule with ease and we had many since weather was a factor. We never waited or wanted for anything because Shane had planes and taken care of it all! When we disembarked (last off the ship at 9:30) my dd wouldn’t let go of him so that should tell you all. He’s a tremendous asset to RCI and you will be well cared for!  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My husband & I just cruised for 7 days with Shane Palmer as our Royal Genie. Shane provided exemplary customer service. He made our experience totally stress and hassle free.  He took care of every need - we were so impressed with his attention to detail, professional demeanor and true concern for making sure we had the best possible cruise and wedding anniversary celebration.  In addition, our Loft Attendant, Jesus, was outstanding and provided service beyond our expectations. We've booked another cruise for next Spring in the same Grand Loft Suite and have requested Shane as our Genie. We hope to also have Jesus as our Loft Attendant - they are a terrific team!! Royal Caribbean is lucky to have such dedicated and truly kind and caring employees.  First class all the way! 

• Like 1

We have known Shane for years as a Loyalty Ambassador. He is exceptionally well qualified and familiar with RCI and taking exceptional care of their guests! I'm sure he will continue to provide great service.

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, Relaxinginthesun said:

Have read about several Anthem Genies, but haven’t seen any feedback in regards to Shane Palmer.  Has anyone had Shane before? 

How was your experience with Shane?  We are sailing in a few weeks with him.  We've heard that some genies use your questionairre when it comes to the kiddos to get them thoughtful little gifts, etc.   Is that true?  Really looking forward to having a genie!

Edited by sterling9
had a different question

4 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Got my Genie email today from Derick for our Aug 1 sailing....but he is going on Vacation....so he is getting everything setup for Alina who will be filling in for him starting mid July.

dodgestang - we are on that sailing too!  

On 4/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, cruisedaddoc said:

We  just got off Anthem with Shane as our Genie. 2 adults and our 6 yo dd. Shane is incredible! Everywhere we went people knew and spoke highly of him. He always created us with a smile and got to know us throughout our trip. He handled every change in schedule with ease and we had many since weather was a factor. We never waited or wanted for anything because Shane had planes and taken care of it all! When we disembarked (last off the ship at 9:30) my dd wouldn’t let go of him so that should tell you all. He’s a tremendous asset to RCI and you will be well cared for!  

Did you do much communication with Shane prior to the trip?  We booked this cruise last minute, and most of the things we want to do (cabana at Labadee, etc) are booked already.  I wasn't sure if I should ask him about those things now, prior to arrival.  I also have no idea what to do about restaurant reservations etc.  

1 minute ago, sterling9 said:

dodgestang - we are on that sailing too!  

We sailed with 8 and 12 yr old.....Wendy gave the kids (and us) several presents from the gift shop.....model of the boat, stuffed animals, cork screw.

The most memorable thing she did was when Mrs and I went to Chefs table, the kids went to Johnny Rockets themselves and got dinner and then were feeling tired so told us they would going to go back to room and watch a movie.  Wendy showed up at the room with fresh popcorn for them....which really made their night

Just now, sterling9 said:

Did you do much communication with Shane prior to the trip?  We booked this cruise last minute, and most of the things we want to do (cabana at Labadee, etc) are booked already.  I wasn't sure if I should ask him about those things now, prior to arrival.  I also have no idea what to do about restaurant reservations etc.  

And by booked, I mean already full, not that I booked them.

Just now, sterling9 said:

The cabana are not booked yet.  The cabana at Barefoot beach do not appear on the planner.  You can only book them through Genie or Conceirge.  Our Genie intro email came out today and I booked an over water cabana through him...so watch your email

21 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Got my Genie email today from Derick for our Aug 1 sailing....but he is going on Vacation....so he is getting everything setup for Alina who will be filling in for him starting mid July.

We had Alina on Symphony in November..she was a doll!  If you are comfortable communicating using Facebook Messenger that's how we communicated with her on the ship.  Made it really easy to let her know if we were running late to something or wanted to place food/snack orders at certain times.

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

The cabana are not booked yet.  The cabana at Barefoot beach do not appear on the planner.  You can only book them through Genie or Conceirge.  Our Genie intro email came out today and I booked an over water cabana through him...so watch your email

Thanks for the tip!  I just emailed.  I just booked an over the water one as well.  We are traveling with a friend who is not a star class guest.  Do you know if he will be able to join us at the cabana?  Thanks for your help! 😉