Mystery Captains Club Points??

cruise kitty

Hi, just received an email offer for our upcoming cruise.  They sent the same email to my husband.  At the top it gives the number of points that we have.  However, it's showing an extra 21 points for me.   We've gone on the exact same cruises, all together.   We've always had the same amount of points.   Figured it was an error so I logged onto Captain's Club.  Yup, there's the extra 21 points.   I have no idea where they came from.   The only difference in our accounts is that way back in the day, I paid about $25 to join, DH did not (I have not idea if this would affect my account some 17 years later, but who knows?   Anyone else have mystery points show up?

6 minutes ago, Orator said:

My email from Celebrity always says 25 points and Elite Plus. 

I thought it was just an email error, but they are actually in my account when I sign in. :)

Edit to add:  they also show in the app on my phone 

Edited by cruise kitty

One thing that makes adding up points a bit difficult is that the cruises we took before the 2013 rehaul of the way Captain's Club points are awarded still show under the old system,  so some of my earlier cruises still show as 1, 2, or 3 points, even though they calculated out higher when the system changed.  

Edited by cruise kitty

About 5 years ago, they offered an extra 25 points if you booked an AQ cabin during a certain time period. But we were both credited when we had. 

Other thing I can think of is if one of you booked air through Celebrity but the other didn't and it was during a promo for bonus points if you booked flights with them. 

2 minutes ago, Paulras said:

About 5 years ago, they offered an extra 25 points if you booked an AQ cabin during a certain time period. But we were both credited when we had. 

Other thing I can think of is if one of you booked air through Celebrity but the other didn't and it was during a promo for bonus points if you booked flights with them. 

We did book our flights through them for this cruise, but it's both of us on the same flight.  &  we booked before the promo...  who knows, it's very odd.  

44 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I thought it was just an email error, but they are actually in my account when I sign in. :)

They added extra points to your account so just accept them as a gift and don't question. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi, just received an email offer for our upcoming cruise.  They sent the same email to my husband.  At the top it gives the number of points that we have.  However, it's showing an extra 21 points for me.   We've gone on the exact same cruises, all together.   We've always had the same amount of points.   Figured it was an error so I logged onto Captain's Club.  Yup, there's the extra 21 points.   I have no idea where they came from.   The only difference in our accounts is that way back in the day, I paid about $25 to join, DH did not (I have not idea if this would affect my account some 17 years later, but who knows?   Anyone else have mystery points show up?

Own up. You’ve secretly booked the LLP Grad cruise just to get the extra points 🤣.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

DW an I never have the same number of points. Typical Celebrity IT.  She only shows about 675 points, but we are both Elite Plus, and it does not affect her status.

• Like 1

If you log onto your account and choose past cruises it will list all you cruises and points.   You will probably find that Celebrity screwed up and accidentally credited you.    Don't complain and be happy for the bonus.   I had the same thing happen and when i called CC they told me to enjoy the mess up.

• Like 1