Symphony 4/13 Live-ish review

The pizza at Sorrentos is by far the best cruise ship pizza I have had!

And don’t overlook the dipping sauces! On the counter they have ranch and garlic sauce (screams for breadsticks!!) and on the tables they have a honey and oil...

36dc1d4e87dca6c00da3b2b663eb3009.jpg

6b88efed0570fd0ed52e67cca1f0678c.jpg

FYI - at 3:45 - the line for El Loco Fresh was about 50 people deep...plan accordingly!

I opted to walk past it, do a little zip lining (twice in a row - no line) and skip snack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Happy to help! When I was planning for this trip I relied so much on posts here that I am happy to give back!

This is the number I called for Marriott is below but there is also this number listed on my confirmation as toll free 866.847.1139 ...they definitely take guests as walk ups so if you don’t have a phone plan that allows calls then you can totally do that instead. I read somewhere else that for a fairly modest price you could also get a room for the day that included access for 6...I think it was $135..

FYI - Marriotts cancelation policy is also great - they would only charge my card if I didn’t show up AND didn’t contact them (even same day!) to say we weren’t coming.

Hi  

Do  you happen to know if the $135 for the day room at the Marriott is on top of the the $35? 

We have 5 people with us and that would be another nice savings.

Im guessing all the amenities still apply.  Plus we wouldn't have to bring our own towels.

Thanks again for all your help

Have a great time!!

Liz💐

Currently at the Family Comedy Show and CD Mike is opening the show with magic tricks. He is a really good magician - if he is performing on your ship - make sure to see it - like all good magicians he does a really great job with both the story telling and the illusions!!

On the subject of the Cruise Director - Mike has been at almost every show we have seen and we have seen him on board several times. He seems to engage and interact well. Katy (the AM) and her staff have been everywhere and have done a nice job at the activities we have attended (lots of trivia, The Hunt game, Sexy Man, Belly Flop contest, Family Feud, balloon drop, 80s Party, etc).

I know that in a previous review or scope, CruiseLifeRick reported that CDs would soon be more behind the scenes. Mike boarded the week after CLRs cruise I think ...While I am not surprised by that approach at all - it does not seem to be in effect YET with Mike and he is still playing the roll of front man...

• Like 1

Tonight we saw both the Family and Adult comedy shows.

The same comedians are in both.

The comedy themes are generally the same but the adult show has more adult language and sexual topics than the family one.

In both cases - if you are sitting in the front row - expect to be ‘part’ of the show!!

Our comedians were Simeon and Al. Simeon is always here and Al was the guest comedian.

aa783a5242e116fbd7a064d09aa1c05b.jpg

While we enjoyed both shows - if I am being honest - our group enjoyed the family show more than the adult one. We just had so many true belly laughs with the family show - over and over and over! I think maybe having to deliver a joke without using swear/adult words can actually make the delivery funnier...? Anyway - the point is - if you can see the family comedy show - do it!

2 more thoughts that are related to this...

1) I love this area of Deck 4 and how so many venues are accessed from one central place.

2) the Attic Venue is quant and intimate - but I’m just not sure I understand why they put all of those giant columns that created obstructed views there? I’m assuming that there must be a reason? What do those columns hide? They can’t all be structural??

• Like 2

Going to go back in time - need to talk about Jamie’s Italian and Balcony Cleaning..

Let’s start with Balcony Cleaning...

When we came back to our room TuesdayEvening /Day 4 - we found this little doozy with our compass for Day 5 / St Thomas

c93a55231a5f0c80754fbd5cab551515.jpg

OMG - are you kidding me?? We had no excursions planned and had totally expected to use the balcony to catch up on some chillaxing today and my daughters homework!

So - we did keep our drapes closed but we snuck outside a few times this morning to see what they were doing. (And cleared off the desk so she could do homework there instead).

At some point in the morning they opened up all of the balcony dividers, and from what I could see of them doing other floors - the traveled with cleaning supplies and ladders along the inside of the balconies.

fd70db290dd6db628b21f005349a031a.jpg

I hated sitting in a dark room - but they were done by mid day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Tonight we saw both the Family and Adult comedy shows.

Do you need tickets in advance for the Family Comedy Show? I didn't see it listed on the schedule you posted, how did you know about it? App? Cruise Compass? Thamks!

• Like 1

Do you need tickets in advance for the Family Comedy Show? I didn't see it listed on the schedule you posted, how did you know about it? App? Cruise Compass? Thamks!

It was actually bookable in the cruise compass before the cruise, and its also on the app and compass..in the royal theatre so most that want to see can get in! We arrived around 8:10 for the 8:30 show and got aisle seats in the center - I didn’t even look for Key seating which I assume would have been upstairs.

• Like 1

I wanted to mention that Aquanation is another show that is not on the show sheet that you might want to plan for. It’s my understanding that this show might not happen if Hiro shows are cancelled earlier in the week and no reservations are required.

It’s held on Day 6 at 3, 4:30 and Day 7 at 5 at the Aquatheatre!

• Like 1

On Day 4 /St Kitts (this live-ISH as we are going back in time now!) we went to Jamie’s for dinner to celebrate my friends 50th Birthday.

f405576bb471cdf437b1c2e9a4d1b5ab.jpg

I have to say as a 100% Italian who has grown up on some of the most amazing Italian cooking - I didn’t have the highest of expectations for this. But man - I was BLOWN away by the techniques and flavors here!!

We were a party of 8 and took full advantage of a lot of sharing.

For starters we had: 2 meat planks, 2 arrancini, bread basket, garlic bread, traditional bruschetta. We somehow forgot to order crispy calamari?!?! The starters were all delish - and not a scrap of food was left when our entrees arrived!!

Next up for Entrees -

The kids had the Spaghetti and Meatballs (so flavorful! I’m in denial about the 7veg sauce having 7 veg!)

I had the Truffle Tagliatelli - also to die for!! So much flavor compared to traditional cream/cheese sauce!

A few had the Eggplant Parm - it was soo fresh and the way it was baked was delish!

The salmon was also a big hit - devoured in no time by a 12 year old!!

There was a Mushroom Chicken dish that was shared at the table as well (not sure I have a photo of that) but also flavorful!

Lastly - the Penne Carbonara with Leeks. The leeks add such a light and bright flavor to a traditionally heavy dish!

Our assessment - you could not go wrong with any of these entrees!!!!

Dessert...I think Dessert was probably the weakest of the 3 courses...but it was still really good and looked amazing! I’m really lacking in dessert photos - by that point we had finished 2 bottles of wine and were given champagne..

We had the tiramisu, cheesecake, pavlova, some tangy lemon sorbet and the brownie!

*also shown in this photo is Rocket with Parmesan cheese....who would have thought Arugula would be a side dish but it was soo good!

e4658df7ad4c48c9632f97991a09e748.jpg

• Like 2

We have the escape room today at 10, so I dropped my daughter off at AO (if they will let her join escape room I will grab her out when they show up!)..

It’s a SLOOOOW day in AO! At 9:30, there are 0 kids in under 3, 5 kids in Aquanauts (3-5), 3 kids in Explorers (6-8) and 6 kids in Voyagers (9-11)...

My daughter had this look on her face when I left her like ‘mom - really?? you are gonna have to make this up to me!!’...

For a ship with over 2000 kids on board this week - it’s crazy that there are less than 20 total in AO!!

• Like 2

Cel the Crispy Calamari is amazing.  Sorry you missed it. The crab bruschetta is amazing as well.  I could a meal of appetizers there, except for the Truffle Tagliatelli.  It is amazing.  The desserts could be stronger but I usually fall for the sorbet.

Edited by A&L_Ont

5 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Interruption for some balcony view photos...

5:26 AM...view from 8290.

84fae0ad9fdba6003f98a7963a966ca4.jpg

5:57...view from 8290...(looking the other way obviously!)

a50baa3b4071aa8c2d60ce879293cd3d.jpg

Lovely sunrise!

334bcef7a510abc6218c21e1efd19273.jpg

The captain put out all the stabilizers and turned the ship every which direction in an attempt to get Aquanation off today but not luck. The conditions are not bad at all for cruising though we do feel some swaying and it feels like we are going pretty fast though...

We are in line for the rock wall though and can definitely see the water coming out of the aqua theatre pool!

• Like 1

Had lunch today at the Solarium Bistro - it was great!

I opted for the Pasta Bar (I had garlic, 1 onion string for flavor, mushrooms and peppers, tossed with Penne and both Alfredo and Marinara sauce) and a salad.

The selections for the salad bar are really great! Ricotta cheese, dried fruits, walnuts, etc...

e7f4abe06f2af425129b29053ffda478.jpg

c7316a10af3e810436e51ff38023c61e.jpg

cbe9aa0612946430c693c6863b60a8c8.jpg

The desserts were very pretty...I only had jello though!

0380668c7d4eee3e5e72bbf4b607a824.jpga09452e8ef4adced1060300410bad6fe.jpg

• Like 2

We also stopped at Sugar Beach for some candy...

The candy is $15 per pound. Today They are out of milk chocolate M&Ms...my daughter ended up with a $6 bag of candy when she was done..this would be more helpful if I had taken a picture of it! Doh! Sorry!

129867e0d23a681f3c9f42b9e967c2c1.jpg

4a1271ed7ae4c040ab1530708b8eb242.jpg

• Like 1

Hi 

Thank you so much for the show schedule.  I;m hoping it wont change too much come Judy.

I have it all mapped out, but just waiting to board the ship to hopefully get a 6:30/7pm dinner ressie.  Can't eat late anymore.😐

Love Jaime's and cant wait to go back.  Glad to hear its as good as ever. Thanks so much for the pics.  Looks delicious.

How adorable is that little girl in the candy store pic☺️

Sorry you couldn't enjoy your balcony.  Especially on a sea day when most people would want to enjoy their balconies. Poor planning on Royal.

Thank you again for your wonderful review.  I have appreciated all the info you have given.  Have a great rest of your cruise.

Not sure where you;re from but Its been a cold gray rainy day here in CT .   Enjoy the sun, surf and sand!

Looking forward to what you think of the new COco Cay  Theme park LOL. 

We have a bungalow booked and if you get a chance would you be able to tell me they are situated.  We haven't been to Coco Cay in probably 10 years when there was nothing but beach and loungers.🤣

Have a great day tomorrow!

Thank you

Liz💐

Edited by knots4crewzing
added post
  • Like 1