Symphony 4/13 Live-ish review

Thanks.  My son won't turn 12 until half way through our cruise and he's a bit immature (aren't all boys?) so we might sign him up with the 11 year olds.

Good Luck ... at age 10 I could barely keep my son in the kids club during the day (he loved late night though!). He would meet up with friends there and then head out if boring activity started..not too many 11yo using the kids club all day long when there is so much to experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, PopeyeDaSailor said:

Wow, great LIVE review. 

I'm heading out on the same ship on May 11th with my two kids.  My daughter is almost 6 and my son will turn 12 during the cruise!

Can you two ladies please talk about signing them up for kids programs?  This will be our first cruise with kids (haven't been on a cruise since 2003) and I'm looking for any tips.  I know they will be in different age groups but I just want to know how/where/when we can sign them up. 

We plan on putting them in the program for days we are sailing and keeping them out when we're in port leaving the ship.

Oh and love the Disney thing but Grandmom/pop lives near there so my kids have been there so many times they have lost the spark (which is sad).

The first day you show up, you sign up and register them, they have tables set up to do this right outside the entrance to Adventure Ocean.  Once they are registered you can just drop them off.

They have 3 main sessions with diff theme’s and activities at each.  They morning session is 9-12, afternoon 2-5, and evening 7-10.  They also have Adventure dining from 5-7 and you can drop them anytime during the afternoon and leave them there all the way through.  You have to keep them from noon to 2 every day.    They also have a late night option from 10p -2a but that’s $7 and hour.

Thanks.  My son won't turn 12 until half way through our cruise and he's a bit immature (aren't all boys?) so we might sign him up with the 11 year olds.

Good Luck ... at age 10 I could barely keep my son in the kids club during the day (he loved late night though!). He would meet up with friends there and then head out if boring activity started..not too many 11yo using the kids club all day long when there is so much to experience!

The first day you show up, you sign up and register them, they have tables set up to do this right outside the entrance to Adventure Ocean.  Once they are registered you can just drop them off.

It’s amazing how different our boarding day experiences were on the same ship on the same day! I went to sign up around 3pm and they were in the Explorers room! Cracks me up! But - no matter what - it’s super easy!

Breakfast this morning was at Johnny Rockets ...I’m always inspired when I see Andrew post about this and the amount of times his family has gone there means it must be good right?

So my daughter and I went around 9:15...first - it was empty - with 6000 passengers - how could there be so few people there!

I ordered the breakfast sandwich with bacon and a side of country potatoes and my daughter had French toast. My breakfast sandwich was amazing. I had asked for the fried egg to be cooked well and not too juicy and the English muffin had a great crisp to it! I liked her French toast as well but she said she preferred the one at the WJ.

241e69e045f312ad4967af0dca1cf41a.jpg

We sat outside - the boardwalk has great ambiance!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

It’s amazing how different our boarding day experiences were on the same ship on the same day! I went to sign up around 3pm and they were in the Explorers room! Cracks me up! But - no matter what - it’s super easy!

We didn’t sign ours up day 1.  We went in the afternoon day 2.

Great review! I was on the Symphony the week before last. It has been interesting to hear about your key experience as I had the key and had a much different experience than you. 

When we got to the port and inside we just just told them we had the key and they shuffled us right through. When it came time for boarding the ship, we were ushered on with the suite and pinnacle guests. Once on the ship we asked someone about the carry on drop off and they checked and directed us to the theater. Waited in a very short line and received our key bands. If your band  becomes loose or is falling off you can go to the desk by the flowrider and they will give you a new one. Our lunch at Chops was great and the server very friendly. All of our key stuff was in the rooms when we got to them about 1 or 1:30.

We went to the late shows and only showed up 15 to 20 minutes before the show started and told them we had the key. They checked us in right away and told us where to go. No waiting in line. The only issue we had was in the theater for hairspray the usher wanted to see our sea pass cards even though we had wow bands and key bands. Thankfully a couple of our group had sea pass cards on them and we all got the seats with no problems.

We didn’t do any of the special activities as we were only interested in the zip line and had forgotten about the special time by end of the week.  We didn’t know you could tell them you were a key holder and cut to the front of the line at other times. We didn’t do the priority disembarkment at the ports because by the time we were ready to head off the ship. About 10 minutes after we could get off there were no lines. The last day breakfast was good and we were off the ship, through customs and on the street with our luggage in a matter of minutes. Our only complaint with the key was when we purchased it you didn’t need reservations for the shows and they had changed that after we bought it. We already had the reservations made before we purchased and had not canceled them so we were fine.

5 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Wrapping up a great day at Marriott St Kitts! Wish you all could have enjoyed this perfect day with us!

Gotta head back and get ready for dinner tonight at Jaime’s...

We also have the Marriott booked for St Kitts.  Do you have any pics to share?  Did you enjoy your day there?  Also are there taxis near by? 

We have only done tours where we met our guide right as you walk towards the shops passed those little green monkeys 🤣

Thx

Liz💐

We also have the Marriott booked for St Kitts.  Do you have any pics to share?  Did you enjoy your day there?  Also are there taxis near by? 

We have only done tours where we met our guide right as you walk towards the shops passed those little green monkeys [emoji1787]

Thx

Liz[emoji253]

I do have info to share on this !! Will post it sometime tomorrow...we are waiting now for iSkate2.0 (new cast..) and then have 80s and white parties tonight!

We got to iSkate at 8:45 worried that it might be full but here we are just a few minutes before show time and there is almost no one here!! Probably could fit everyone into 1.5 sections!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

Breakfast this morning was at Johnny Rockets ...I’m always inspired when I see Andrew post about this and the amount of times his family has gone there means it must be good right?

We sat outside - the boardwalk has great ambiance

The ambiance is perfect.  Only one caveat, too much Johnny Rockets goes to the waistline.  First hand knowledge. 😉😂😱

Enjoy the day. 

• Like 1

St Kitts - Beach Day at the Marriott!

We had originally booked Cockleshell Beach thru Royal back in November but last week I decided to change it all up.

Before cancelling - I called the Marriott to ask about Day Pass Availability - And when they told me my daughter would be free it pretty much sealed the deal. The option to have access to a pool, covered beach lounging, more time (Royal excursion was 2.5 hrs), and a short/cheap taxi ride was all appealing.

The weather was a little overcast in the morning and we had some other things we wanted to do on board, so we didn’t make our way out until around 11am.

I have never been on a ship with an escalator to help disembark at the gangway!

075fc6c2400565b7318ea817f2742130.jpg

Once off the ship there were several photo opps and then we approached this structure:

3ee19f8e4c51bd027b6f3b36fb87122d.jpg

It was either just before or just after on the right hand side that we got our taxi. It was $12 for us to get to the Marriott and we passed the St Kitts building supply equivalents of Home Depot and Lowe’s on the way!

We arrived at the Marriott and went to the check-in desk to collect our daypass (still just $35 and I could leave it in the card I used to hold it) and then headed out to the beach.

f470867e98bafcf14ec6380db4fad27a.jpg

The Marriott has multiple pools, restaurants, and large beach access area.

fcfa864de5669f27717d460ea7735438.jpg

We walked thru the main pool area - which is filled with these loungers with moveable shades on them (I sorta want these for home)

fb84febc9e5002ccea40726b62b6ff67.jpg

The pool has a swim up bar (not sure who these guys are so keeping their lives private! Ha!)

97ebd1a97007bebca3ede200eff1f7b2.jpg

And almost half of the right side by the steps and fountains is about a foot deep - great for little kids but also provides a great way to sit in the pool and read a book or something.

ca181d218f9b209251ef2103c2e311e3.jpg

Then we went to the beach to see if there were still chairs left - and we grabbed this cabana area:

2f1015c9f05d8a1c445ad5c5fda84d48.jpg

When looking from the water line - we were in the second row of this photo - first row would have offered shoreline viewing from your seat!

b6400564cd931538789578fbcb884e03.jpg

The surf conditions were not kind and gentle but still worked for us today. My daughter (and everyone else) stayed close to shore to enjoy the waves. The sun was shining but there was a 15 mph breeze that kept us super comfortable.

1bec96a9daf9d9b27463c2bb0e68f4db.jpg

The view is nice 41dd828aab042acc693c54b65f2dd6dd.jpg

• Like 2

We had lunch at the Marriott around 2pm - the Bohemia Restaurant is open air with your choice of covered or full sun seating. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant.

I forgot to grab a photo of the menu - but there were options from coconut shrimp to conch fritters to grilled chicken to cheeseburgers.

My daughter ordered the chicken fingers on the kids menu with fruit and I ordered the Coconut Shrimp with Fries. Also 2 bottles of water and I enjoyed a Frozen Toasted from their menu. Regular and Frozen drink concoctions were all $10 before tax/service/gratuity

17a929d85a623ba10b94a336cd095c56.jpg

5731e62b38d2b7a8b1f864f511625b7a.jpg

The 7 coconut shrimp were amazing - they were giant and flavored just right and cooked perfectly. And the orange marmalade sauce was great too. Worth every penny!

5c998e89ad9c6e2229443ae4f7d9b669.jpg

We were joined at lunch but this little guy..he had us at yellow eyes...(don’t worry - we didn’t share to avoid encouraging the birds - but they could have eaten for days based on what was being dropped at the next table with littler kids!)

84459a620315e35ad0c095db02a14d3e.jpg

After lunch we sat at the pool for a while and at 3:55 we started walking to the lobby again to catch a taxi. I had asked about this at checkin and they assured me that there would be folks waiting to bring us back and they were right!

We enjoyed our day here and would definitely recommend this to others and will come back in the future. I think the resort would also be a nice vacation destination - the staff there was all incredibly pleasant and helpful!

We ended up with another family of 5 and the fair was $3 per person back to the port. We collected a few free pearls, bought a postcard, and took some selfies and headed back on board because we had dinner at 6pm!

I didn’t take any photos but if you wanted a chance to hold a monkey - you could do it right in the port shopping area.

• Like 2

Interesting info about the Marriott last year I tried the Marriott route but never got a response from them (by email), so booked the RCCL Cockleshell beach excursion.   I agree that the 2 1/2 hour beach was a bit short.  Three hours seems about right.  So we are just going to find a taxi after getting off the ship to get to the beach.

2 minutes ago, gatour said:

Interesting info about the Marriott last year I tried the Marriott route but never got a response from them (by email), so booked the RCCL Cockleshell beach excursion.   I agree that the 2 1/2 hour beach was a bit short.  Three hours seems about right.  So we are just going to find a taxi after getting off the ship to get to the beach.

That's what we do (taxi) for Cockleshell.  Go to the Reggae Beach bar area, nice facility.

• Like 1

To Book at the Marriott you call the hotel directly - recommend between 10-5 EST.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for your amazing photos of your beach day at the Marriott!!

Love all the shaded cabanas and the ones by the pool. 

The food looks yummy and not too expensive.

# more weeks and we're there🤩

Im looking up the hotel and there doesnt seem to be a toll free number.  What number did you find to call them directly?

Thank you again for your wonderful detailed review.  Its so appreciated!!

Liz💐

• Like 1

Thanks for your info on the Marriott.  I called them directly reserved our spots.  The woman on the phone said wait i see another person with your name lol  i said yes thats me.  i booked through another website but had to cancel with them after i made sure our spots were confirmed.  Woo hoo save me $72.  Now i just have to see what my phone called cost 🤣

Hope youre having a wonderful time!! 

Liz💐

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your amazing photos of your beach day at the Marriott!!
  Love all the shaded cabanas and the ones by the pool. 
The food looks yummy and not too expensive.
# more weeks and we're there[emoji2956]

Im looking up the hotel and there doesnt seem to be a toll free number.  What number did you find to call them directly?

Thank you again for your wonderful detailed review.  Its so appreciated!!

Liz[emoji253]

Happy to help! When I was planning for this trip I relied so much on posts here that I am happy to give back!

This is the number I called for Marriott is below but there is also this number listed on my confirmation as toll free 866.847.1139 ...they definitely take guests as walk ups so if you don’t have a phone plan that allows calls then you can totally do that instead. I read somewhere else that for a fairly modest price you could also get a room for the day that included access for 6...I think it was $135..

FYI - Marriotts cancelation policy is also great - they would only charge my card if I didn’t show up AND didn’t contact them (even same day!) to say we weren’t coming.

afb3e0618400a3e52790cc33e5865bd4.jpg

• Like 2

So you could get a room for $135? that's cheaper than buying day passes.

That’s what was reported on the St Kitts Board! I didn’t ask about it since my daughter was free but there are a few reports of it!

• Like 2