Finding the right cabin

cate54

You can do a dummy booking.  Choose a cruise, a stateroom category and follow the prompts by deck, section (aft, fore, middle), and just keep on going back and forth.  It’s easier and faster  to call HAL if you know which rooms you are interested in.  

HALs website has become completely unhelpful for this task. For research I use the TA site for the big box store headquartered right outside Seattle ( we can't say names on CC) to do a dummy booking and they show more open cabins in an easier format than HALs  site, also you can segregate cabins based on exact category (M,K,L,VA,VB,VC,SS,SY) not simply inside, outside, verandah, and suite. Also some big online TAs will provide better lists of open cabins but it may take some work to get the results you need.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

HALs website has become completely unhelpful for this task. For research I use the TA site for the big box store headquartered right outside Seattle ( we can't say names on CC) to do a dummy booking and they show more open cabins in an easier format than HALs  site, also you can segregate cabins based on exact category (M,K,L,VA,VB,VC,SS,SY) not simply inside, outside, verandah, and suite. Also some big online TAs will provide better lists of open cabins but it may take some work to get the results you need.

We also use the Big Box.  If you don't see a Cabin listed, there is a "search a specific room" and type in the Room #.  If available, it will show it.  HAL has the same feature.

I download the deck plan pdf then select acceptable cabins.  Then I go through the tedious task of “selecting my own room” and entering the stateroom number.  Selecting by deck is frustrating.  

• Like 1