Booking a cruise while on a cruise questions?

andychris

We are going on the escape in July. We may be able to go on another cruise in August. Not sure though and won’t know if we can until much later. 

Has anyone booked their next cruise while onboard?  Are there any perks in doing this? 

Any additional information or tips will be appreciated. 

Thank you!

the only perks are the ones we get through our travel agency. We have booked 2 cruises on board and we have gotten extra onboard credit, money for excursions, and free gratuities ( if the agency has the offer at the time) I have to admit booking on board is more expensive. We book them and then my Travel agent receives the reservation and check on prices for us, sometimes getting us a better deal. Also, all of this has nothing to do with NCL, you pretty much get what NCL is offering at the time, and as i said booking the higher price. I hope this helps.

Booked a June 2019 Bermuda sailing while on a dec 2018 sailing , got two level upgrade in same category (balcony) got a third free at sea offer but cruise was listed for only 2 with balcony, and got to use two cruise next vouchers for our deposit. Ended up with midship balcony for 400 per person cheaper and one extra free at sea perk  than those that booked same cruise same room  at home. Cruise next saved us an extra 125 each  as we bought them on the cruise and wouldn’t have had them to use if  we were booking at home prior to December cruise. 

Edited by DiverJohn
Spelling

3 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Waste of time.  Spend your cruise having fun and figure out your next cruise while in the comfort of your own home and consulting a good travel agent.

Yup 25 minutes out of 15 days to save over 600 on a cruise I new I was going to take, I’ll take wastes of time like that anytime lol

• Like 2

As stated earlier benefits vary, Bermuda cruise out of Boston during June never go down,price generally goes up as ship seldom fails to sail full. Made it worth booking onboard to get the same class upgrade, midship balcony for price of  rear or forward balcony,  would not be as wise to book something in an off week of December in Miami this way. Those prices tend to fluctuate so you can often find better value by watching prices, Those that are traveling during a school vacation week or out of a less cruise intensive port like Boston would most likely get the most value by booking onboard, otherwise I would suggest buying your cruise next certificates and taking home to watch prices or talk to your t.a. You still get 250.00 credit for 125.00 spent, and if timed correctly may get to use two certificates on 1 room if booking early enough or if they have that promotion running.

if you're going to book the August cruise during your July cruise recognize you'll need to pay for the entire trip at booking as you'll be well inside the 120 day window.

Honestly, no one knows the perk that come with booking onboard as that offer can be different once your cruise starts.

If you already know what cruise you want to take prior to boarding there really isn't any wasted time, you're just talking to the NCL agent to book vs. online or your TA. If you use a TA you can get a quote prior to boarding and go with the better deal. You'll be able to apply a Cruise Next deposit regardless of the path, you'll just have to wait 24-48hrs for the deposit to show in your Latitudes account.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:19 AM, yearsofcruising said:

isn't booking a cruise really just leaving your deposit until you actually call NCL or your TA. Have done this before and never saw any different perk than seen on-line or confirm with NCL ?

If you actually book onboard then they can upgrade you a few categories. Officially I believe that they state they will upgrade you one category (i.e. from a B3 to a B2), but sometimes they will give more than that. I paid for a OG and got an OA, which was an upgrade of three available categories.

Depending on the sailing, and what type of room you want it can be worth it. If you are after a specific category, like aft rooms, or things like the large balcony rooms then I don't think that they can help much. We are also looking at booking an M6 on a different cruise, but there was no benefit to booking that onboard.