Norwegian breakaway transfer to manchester from southampton

garrabel

No. First of all, you will have significant security on a direct to US flight. You must allow at least 2 hours at the airport. Plus my map research shows Manchester is over 3 hours away- which you could have researched yourself.

Cruise lines have rules about "earliest flights" to minimize risks of not making your flights, because loading their buses is not the most efficient way to get you to the airport quickly.

Lastly, docking at 7am doesn't mean getting off the ship at 7:05.

Not a chance.:classic_sad:

Not even from a London airport.

Most ships arrive in Southampton around 5am, but first unassisted (haul your own bags from your cabin) disembarkation is usually about 7am with the first regular disembarkation from 7.30.

So you can be tolerably confident that the quoted 7am is disembarkation time, not ship's arrival time.

With a pre-booked car waiting at the cruise terminal the earliest flight you should book is 12.30 (11.30 am on a saturday or sunday) for a flight from London Heathrow, or 1.00 pm (12 noon on sat. or sun.) for London Gatwick. Flights later than that would give you cheaper travel options by train or bus.

I have no idea how early you could book a flight from Manchester, but the travel costs (esp private transfer) and time would be massively more.

Have you yet committed to a flight?

JB :classic_smile: 

It is over 220 miles from the cruise terminal to manchester airport.

Assuming you self-disembarked, and were ashore by 7:15, and had either a hire car or private transfer vehicle waiting at the quayside, the earliest you could reach the airport would be around 12:00, depending on traffic, road conditions weather and so on.

Given the increased security requirements at airports, your earliest flight is probably around 3.30.

Based on your title, I assume your flight to the U.S departs from Manchester and not Heathrow/Gatwick.

As the previous reply mentioned it is over 220 miles, but also on some of UK's busiest roads. Many years ago, I made the trip from Southampton to Scotland many times, but that was before the advent of speed cameras, average speed cameras, etc. While I used to make the Scottish border in 5 hrs, it is now at least 8 hrs.

To Manchester Airport, depending on day & time of day, I would allow a minimum of 5 hrs, probably 6 or 7 hrs. In Birmingham, suggest using the M6 Toll road, which saves some time. Pay very close attention to the speed limits, especially the variable ones on the motorways.

Personally, I probably wouldn't book a flight the same day, but definitely not before about 17:00.

We catch the earliest possible train northwards by self disembarking, the 8.15am, but you'd have to change from that to get to Manchester, possibly at Wolverhampton or Birmingham, where we change trains around 11am. If there's a through train around that time, then the railways say it takes 4 hours 9 minutes from Southampton to Manchester.

You can check the flights from Southampton to Manchester.

It’s not clear if the OP is even sure where he/she is going.  In three posts he asked  1. How to get from Southampton to London, 2. Southampton to Heathrow and now 3. to Manchester.   Also never seems to return to any thread.  At this rate he/ she will get to England and never get to return or will maybe try a flight from Edinburgh next.

1 hour ago, wheezedr said:

It’s not clear if the OP is even sure where he/she is going.  In three posts he asked  1. How to get from Southampton to London, 2. Southampton to Heathrow and now 3. to Manchester.   Also never seems to return to any thread.  At this rate he/ she will get to England and never get to return or will maybe try a flight from Edinburgh next.

The next query will be about London-STANSTED  which isn't anywhere near London.....