Vibe passes on the Escape to Bermuda

npater

I never purchased them on my August trip to Bermuda but it just depends how sensitive you are to crowds (especially kids) and how much you value quick service. For us, it didn’t matter enough but I can definitely see the benefit for others. Keep in mind it can be VERY breezy up there, and if that is an issue for you or not. Going to Bermuda the ship is very slow so not a problem but coming back at full speed - that’s another story! I’ve done Bermuda from NY on NCL 4 times and coming home is always full speed ahead!

Bought VIBE passes for my Escape cruise last Feb.  Didn’t know they had raised the price to $209/pp.  Had a lot of OBC, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought them.  I found other bar areas, particularly in and around the WaterFront.  In addition, I never had an issue finding a lounger in Spice H20 (adult area) with the water grotto to stay cool.  It has a bar, too.

In short, not at $209/pp.  That’s just a crazy price for a lounger and a bar close by.

9 hours ago, npater said:

Did anyone purchase the Vibe passes on the Escape to Bermuda. Where did you have to go to purchase them.  Are people buying them or not because of the increased price. Was it worth it

With the price now at $209 PP its just not worth it for my wife and I anymore. You usually need to arrive early and then make a mad dash to get them. On our last cruise in September 2018 we had priority boarding, jogged to get passes and they were gone. Found out that 50% of the passes had gone to Haven guest

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

With the price now at $209 PP its just not worth it for my wife and I anymore. You usually need to arrive early and then make a mad dash to get them. On our last cruise in September 2018 we had priority boarding, jogged to get passes and they were gone. Found out that 50% of the passes had gone to Haven guest

I don't understand this. Doesn't the Haven have its own secluded area for chilling on deck? Why do they need to take up another area??

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't understand this. Doesn't the Haven have its own secluded area for chilling on deck? Why do they need to take up another area??

The Haven does, however the Vibe has its own bar and bar tenders. The Vibe is also 18 and older. I've seem a number of complaints about loud kids in the Haven area. I believe the Haven outside deck is now 16 and above, someone correct me if I'm wrong

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Haven has a pool , you put  that with kids and it can get crazy. Vibe has no pool and is adult only. 

i'm sure that's a main reason Some Haven pax go for Vibe, it can be much quieter .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

4 hours ago, Laszlo said:

The Haven does, however the Vibe has its own bar and bar tenders. The Vibe is also 18 and older. I've seem a number of complaints about loud kids in the Haven area. I believe the Haven outside deck is now 16 and above, someone correct me if I'm wrong

You're not wrong. Kids and parents who don't supervise them, are the main reason we still choose Vibe, even when staying in the Haven.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

You're not wrong. Kids and parents who don't supervise them, are the main reason we still choose Vibe, even when staying in the Haven.

Believe me, I've seen my share of A Hole kids along side their "I'm on vacation leave me alone" A Hole parents on a few cruises. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Laszlo said:

2 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Haven has a pool , you put  that with kids and it can get crazy. Vibe has no pool and is adult only. 

i'm sure that's a main reason Some Haven pax go for Vibe, it can be much quieter .

Gotcha. Pretty much just confirms that my gut was right about skipping that cruise even though it's just a subway ride away as opposed to a flight. ESPECIALLY the video of the rest of the pool area. Pass with gusto.