Updates RE: Unlimited VS. Ultimate dining package

11 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Just curious what people tip at the specialty restaurants. I always added a bit when we were paying a full upcharge per evening, but at $20 per person per night, that doesn't seem to add much tip for the server.

We're usually at a $20 tip for the two of us. Granted, poor service can impact that.

Tom

Just back from Anthem and had the UDP. Worked smoothly, and we'd do it again. We ate at Chops, Jamie's, Wonderland, and Izumi. Let me know if specific questions (though we didn't exactly push it to the limit, so I might not be able to answer all hypotheticals).

Briefly . . . we made reservations as soon as we boarded at one of the specialty restaurants. We had a large group for a couple of the nights but were able to book on everyone's behalf by providing their cabin numbers. With a "large party," which they defined as 8+ people, we were a little more limited in dining times, eg, 530p or 8p, but otherwise no problem.

In addition to UDP, we had the Key. Upon boarding, the Key folks had told us we could have our embarkation lunch at Chops on Day 1 or Day 2. Because of the UDP, we of course could've eaten there both days for lunch, but we were busy with other members of our group on Day 1 so skipped it that day. When we went to Chops on Day 2 for lunch, our group had some UDP people and some Key people. We all received the same menu and that appeared to be the full Chops lunch menu (not the more limited Key one). It is possible we would've received the limited one had we gone on Day 1.) No one mentioned to us that we could've used our Key lunch at Jamie's.

We did not end up going to two different specialty places in the same night, though it seems we could have, given availability. For example, Izumi always seemed to have open seats, so I think we could've just walked in early (say, 530pm) and had sushi/apps and then gone to dinner later elsewhere. We were just never hungry enough to do that kind of thing.

Anyway, let me know if particular questions!

• 3 weeks later...