Updates RE: Unlimited VS. Ultimate dining package

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I  Just off the Harmony.  Had not problem using it for embarkation lunch at any venue but was told in the Solarium Bistro that you could not use it for any up charge items.  We used it twice for lobster on Oasis at the Bistro BEFORE it's named changed.

Was told at Chops that only one entree could be ordered.  I said I thought that changed since it's now UNLIMITED but was told no.  I thought I had read that you can order more than one entree now but now sure where I saw that.

Surprised they did not let you order the upcharge items at Solarium Bistro.  Those are not very expensive, and certainly under the allowance that the package is supposed to offer.

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Was told at Chops that only one entree could be ordered.  I said I thought that changed since it's now UNLIMITED but was told no.  I thought I had read that you can order more than one entree now but now sure where I saw that.

In the cruise planner the description does say, “For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees ......” 

So you did read that somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, er345 said:

In the cruise planner the description does say, “For one low price, you can enjoy multiple entrees ......” 

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Surprised they did not let you order the upcharge items at Solarium Bistro.  Those are not very expensive, and certainly under the allowance that the package is supposed to offer.

I didn't push either issue since neither one mattered but I guess a little training is needed

11 minutes ago, er345 said:

It's ridiculous that you need to print screenshots of of the terms to have onboard. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I didn't push either issue since neither one mattered but I guess a little training is needed

Understood, but Royal communicating accurately throughout their company is probably never going to happen.

7 minutes ago, roquejo said:

When it says $35 food credit for Izumi, then you can do multiple visits, does this mean I can visit Izumi at 530pm for $35 credit, then come back later at 830pm for another $35 credit?

That's how I would interpret the terms, but I suspect that Royal will disagree.  Otherwise the $35 limit would be easily circumvented.

1 hour ago, er345 said:

Molly, it does sound like a typical case of RCI implementing something new and the actual ship’s crew not getting the memo.

It would probably drive the crew crazy to see the waste involved, beyond the waste that already occurs, once people start ordering multiple entrees.  Exceptions I'm sure, but in general two entrees hard to finish along with apps and such for most people.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That's how I would interpret the terms, but I suspect that Royal will disagree.  Otherwise the $35 limit would be easily circumvented.

I interpret it as $35 each visit, and you can visit it twice.

HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: • For one low price, your clients can enjoy their meals at our specialty restaurants as many times as they’d like, based on availability. – For instance, if they want to eat at the same restaurant twice in one night, they can! • For specialty restaurants with a la carte pricing, the Unlimited Dining Package grants your clients a $35 food credit per person for each visit. • Chef’s Table and culinary activities are excluded. • Package does not include beverages, but does provide 40% off bottles of wine under $100, and 20% off bottles over $100.

We just returned from the Anthem of the Seas and had the unlimited dining package.  

We enjoyed the benefits very much and the staff we encountered were well informed.  We were able to have lunch on embarkation day at either Chops or Jamie’s.  We chose Jamie’s.

We received a $35 credit per person at Izumi.

The package does not cover Brass and Bock, Vintages or Johnny Rockets.

18 hours ago, PaulaW said:

We just returned from the Anthem of the Seas and had the unlimited dining package.  

We enjoyed the benefits very much and the staff we encountered were well informed.  We were able to have lunch on embarkation day at either Chops or Jamie’s.  We chose Jamie’s.

We received a $35 credit per person at Izumi.

The package does not cover Brass and Bock, Vintages or Johnny Rockets.

Thank you for these details. Not sure whether this has been covered, but did you ever try having an appetizer early in one restaurant and then main dinner later in another one? Any trouble getting reservations for that kind of thing? And would it be possible to sit with larger family at MDR for appetizer course and then have entrees at specialty restaurant later as just a couple? I just don't get how they're able to coordinate all those reservations without lots of wasted table space/time slots. Certainly don't want to be the one causing chaos but curious whether they've thought through these options.

Just to confirm, the new unlimited package will cover snacks at playmakers while watching sports?

If so, that seems like a pretty good deal. I was just gonna do the 3 night one but I want hibachi and will likely watch sports at playmakers so this seems like a no brainier.

My first RCCL cruise after multiple on NCL and MSC. Thanks everyone for the informative thread!

38 minutes ago, zooma said:

Thank you for these details. Not sure whether this has been covered, but did you ever try having an appetizer early in one restaurant and then main dinner later in another one? Any trouble getting reservations for that kind of thing? And would it be possible to sit with larger family at MDR for appetizer course and then have entrees at specialty restaurant later as just a couple? I just don't get how they're able to coordinate all those reservations without lots of wasted table space/time slots. Certainly don't want to be the one causing chaos but curious whether they've thought through these options.

We didn’t really try to split up our meals at different restaurants.  Of course on the Anthem, there aren’t as many options as on the Oasis class ships.  I suppose it would be possible, but it was already quite difficult to get reservations and I noticed most of the restaurants were quite full each night.

And I’m sure it would be possible to eat at the MDR with family and then go to the specialty restaurant later.  You certainly aren’t obligated to have each course offered. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, molly361 said:

I  Just off the Harmony.  Had not problem using it for embarkation lunch at any venue but was told in the Solarium Bistro that you could not use it for any up charge items.  We used it twice for lobster on Oasis at the Bistro BEFORE it's named changed.

There may be a difference between those who signed up for the Unlimited Dining Package directly and those who had their's changed from the Ultimate to the Unlimited. Multiple Entrees and Lunch on sea days for those who signed up directly and Lunch any time and single entree for those whose package changes, everything else the same....

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 3.37.33 pm.png

39 minutes ago, Fab Trips said:

There may be a difference between those who signed up for the Unlimited Dining Package directly and those who had their's changed from the Ultimate to the Unlimited. Multiple Entrees and Lunch on sea days for those who signed up directly and Lunch any time and single entree for those whose package changes, everything else the same....

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 3.37.33 pm.png

There is no difference.  Those that had the Ultimate package booked received an e mail stating that their package had been upgraded to the unlimited package.

it was also changed in their cruise planners under purchases to reflect the new package.

45 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Yeah, I have my printout that says "Multiple Entrees" and "Multiple Restaurants" in one night.  Traveling with friends, some of whom will want to use those options for sure so we'll test it out. 

The screenshot above says "every night", not "in one night".  I get what you are saying, but I also see how using "every night" changes the meaning of the statement completely.  

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

The screenshot above says "every night", not "in one night".  I get what you are saying, but I also see how using "every night" changes the meaning of the statement completely.  

No it doesn't.  "multiple entrees and multiple specialty restaurants every night" means exactly that.  On every night of your sailing, you can visit multiple specialty restaurants, as opposed to select nights.  It's valid every night.

We did the unlimited dining/ultimate dining last Summer on Allure (august). We had no issues with lunches, dinners, or any food we wanted at any of the restaurants. we didn't go to Hibachi as it was "excluded. so it just seems that many have different experiences. We thought it was enjoyable although a lot of food as always lol

Regarding Royal's difficulty getting the message across well, either to their guests or their own staff -- that I've seen multiple times on multiple (mass market) lines. Just seems like par for the course, unfortunately.

Considering the "unlimited" package on our Harmony sailing in October. I thought I read somewhere that the cover at Johnny Rockets was included, and then recently in this thread that it wasn't... ?

I've read reference to Playmakers on here a few times. The nachos/wings sounds like a nice lunch option. Is there any comparable place on the Harmony (particularly concerning wings)?  🙂

Thanks,

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I thought I read somewhere that the cover at Johnny Rockets was included, and then recently in this thread that it wasn't... ?

I had the same reaction.  I recall seeing some of the responses posted from RCI customer service saying that JR was now included and was surprised to see the review saying it wasn't included.  I don't have a lot of interest in JR but might have given it a shot if it was included and I could get a milkshake with the UBP.  Playmakers is an option for me, and I think that looks much better than JR.  $35 will go a long way at Playmakers.

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Regarding Royal's difficulty getting the message across well, either to their guests or their own staff -- that I've seen multiple times on multiple (mass market) lines. Just seems like par for the course, unfortunately.

Considering the "unlimited" package on our Harmony sailing in October. I thought I read somewhere that the cover at Johnny Rockets was included, and then recently in this thread that it wasn't... ?

I've read reference to Playmakers on here a few times. The nachos/wings sounds like a nice lunch option. Is there any comparable place on the Harmony (particularly concerning wings)?  🙂

Thanks,

Tom

Nothing on Harmony for wings.  Harmony has Sabor for fresh guacamole, salsa and chips 

Here is a response I got from RCI, I will be on the Navigator of the Seas in July and was curious about the Unlimited Dining package... He used the word "ultimate" instead of "unlimited" ... I have asked for further clarification.

"Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

I am glad to see you are sailing with us! Please note that I do not see any information that ordering multiple entrees in dining venues would be a standard allowance for the Ultimate Dining Package. I kindly ask you to inquire once onboard if this would be allowed. As for the dining venues included with the package, this would be all, except for venues that include wine pairings (Chef’s Table, California Vineyards, and Vintages). Available venues would then be:

Chops Grille
Giovanni's Table
Hooked Seafood
Izumi
Jamie's Italian
Johnny Rockets
Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
Sabor Modern Mexican

18 hours ago, j1d1 said:

I had the same reaction.  I recall seeing some of the responses posted from RCI customer service saying that JR was now included and was surprised to see the review saying it wasn't included.  I don't have a lot of interest in JR but might have given it a shot if it was included and I could get a milkshake with the UBP.  Playmakers is an option for me, and I think that looks much better than JR.  $35 will go a long way at Playmakers.

See my post #61 above.

I asked and, unfortunately, was specifically told no Johnny Rockets under the unlimited dining package.