Updates RE: Unlimited VS. Ultimate dining package

We did Hibachi with a group but one had allergy issues with eggs and picky about amounts of oils and types of oils so wanted sushi instead.  They allowed sushi only for this person up to $35 limit which was maybe bending the rules a bit.  

At first it was hibachi diners cannot get sushi w/o paying cash and you are a hibachi diner if sitting there. (It's a fair policy.)  They encouraged us to come back and sit at the bar sometime and get some sushi which seemed like a good idea but can only eat so much and the buffet was actually pretty decent and easy to drop by from the pool deck so we did not find time for sushi on the UDP.

1 minute ago, mmedic177 said:

We have Unlimited Dining booked for our October cruise on Harmony. I'm curious if the tapas in the wine bar will be included.

No, Vintages is not considered a specialty restaurant with regard to dining packages.

I just got an email stating that my ultimate dining package has changed to the unlimited dining package and the Playmaker's IS included, will get $35 credit

Dear Guest,

Thanks for booking the Ultimate Dining Package for your upcoming cruise. We wanted to let you know about some recent enhancements we’ve made to this package!

First things first, the Ultimate Dining Package is now known as the Unlimited Dining Package, and it’s just that, unlimited. Now, you can dine at any of our specialty dining venues for lunch and dinner, and as many times as you want! Your appetite is the limit. Some other great benefits include:

• Discounts on bottles of wine! 40% off of bottles under $100 USD and 20% off of bottles over $100 USD. You thirsty yet? Note: Discount only applies when dining on your using your package.
  • Savings on exclusive dinging experiences: 20% off when booking Chef’s Table and any Culinary Experiences onboard.
  • Plus, now Playmakers (available on select ships) has been added to the line-up of venues. You’ll get a $35 credit to use since this venue is a la carte.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about these changes. We know they’ll take your inner “foodie” experience to another level. And as a friendly reminder, we’ll book a courtesy dinner reservation for your first night, and once onboard you can alter it to fit your schedule. Then, the rest of your dining reservations can be made onboard.

We look forward to welcoming onboard soon!

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

I received the same email.  So Playmakers is included but also, it does NOT say "sea day lunches only" - it clearly says lunches and dinners, as many times as you want.  Which means I would expect embarkation lunch at Chops to be included.

The website still says "sea days" for lunch, though.  But the email is VERY clear that it's "lunch and dinner... unlimited"

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

No, Vintages is not considered a specialty restaurant with regard to dining packages.

It takes hard work by some talented MBA’s to keep that place empty, you know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LMaxwell said:

Agreed.  And you would think they might actually sell some wine to unlimited dining patrons.

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

... Savings on exclusive dinging experiences: 20% off when booking Chef’s Table and any Culinary Experiences onboard. ...

Good old Royal.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I received the same email.  So Playmakers is included but also, it does NOT say "sea day lunches only" - it clearly says lunches and dinners, as many times as you want.  Which means I would expect embarkation lunch at Chops to be included.

The website still says "sea days" for lunch, though.  But the email is VERY clear that it's "lunch and dinner... unlimited"

I was coming here to say the same thing!! Part of the reason we booked this plan was the hope that we may luck out and get a lunch on embarkation day since some have been able to have it in the past.

44 minutes ago, BNBR said:

I printed out the email to bring with me next week with that part highlighted😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

We love Vintages. We would eat there at least 2-3 times per cruise if it was covered on the Unlimited Dining. And Royal would save money because our Tapas order would cost so much less than 2 filet mignon at Chops.

• Like 1

RC just sent me an email saying their ultimate package is now unlimited.  The bonus is you can have lunch in specialty restaurants on sea days.  This seems like a great deal. Thoughts?  

I just got a similar email, but nowhere does it mention only SEA DAYS. did we get different emails? I'll copy and paste mine:  

(notice all the errors?)

Dear Guest,

Thanks for booking the Ultimate Dining Package for your upcoming cruise. We wanted to let you know about some recent enhancements we’ve made to this package!

First things first, the Ultimate Dining Package is now known as the Unlimited Dining Package, and it’s just that, unlimited. Now, you can dine at any of our specialty dining venues for lunch and dinner, and as many times as you want! Your appetite is the limit. Some other great benefits include:

• Discounts on bottles of wine! 40% off of bottles under $100 USD and 20% off of bottles over $100 USD. You thirsty yet? Note: Discount only applies when dining on your using your package.
  • Savings on exclusive dinging experiences: 20% off when booking Chef’s Table and any Culinary Experiences onboard.
  • Plus, now Playmakers (available on select ships) has been added to the line-up of venues. You’ll get a $35 credit to use since this venue is a la carte.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about these changes. We know they’ll take your inner “foodie” experience to another level. And as a friendly reminder, we’ll book a courtesy dinner reservation for your first night, and once onboard you can alter it to fit your schedule. Then, the rest of your dining reservations can be made onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Hi.  We got the same email, but being a lawyer, I read the terms and conditions.   Those say lunch is restricted to sea days.  Although that works for me since I would not be on ship on port days.  

6 hours ago, Tiggercat said:

Just got an email that makes me believe this package covers all specialty restaurants for lunch and dinner regardless of whether or not you are at port or sea. Thoughts???

E437F558-496D-4C33-B733-C5E36A000774.png

That's how I read it as well although generally the specialty restaurants are not open on port days or open at 2 or 3 pm

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's how I read it as well although generally the specialty restaurants are not open on port days or open at 2 or 3 pm

And now they may not open until 5 or 6pm on port days.

We received this email today for our upcoming cruise on Saturday on Spectrum.

Dear Guest,

First things first, the Ultimate Dining Package is now known as the Unlimited Dining Package, and it’s just that, unlimited. Now, you can dine at any of our specialty dining venues for lunch and dinner, and as many times as you want! Your appetite is the limit. Some other great benefits include:

We were on Navigator last week and had lunch in Jamie's on embarkation day then hooked and chops on sea days. Port days we went to playmakers for nachos and wings, didn't spend anywhere near $35 dollars though. One thing I haven't seen anyone post was that we were able to get Ben and Jerry's!!! You just have to have it in the touchdown sundae in playmakers 😀

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

On Harmony now no problem using the unlimited dining package or embarkation lunch

Did you have a choice of specialty lunch venues?

I  Just off the Harmony.  Had not problem using it for embarkation lunch at any venue but was told in the Solarium Bistro that you could not use it for any up charge items.  We used it twice for lobster on Oasis at the Bistro BEFORE it's named changed.

Was told at Chops that only one entree could be ordered.  I said I thought that changed since it's now UNLIMITED but was told no.  I thought I had read that you can order more than one entree now but now sure where I saw that.