Gift Ideas for Family Cruise

handbellplayer

We are cruising in July of this year to celebrate our 18 year old granddaughter's high school graduation.  It will be us, the grandparents (both 64), son, son, and daughter-in-law (all 40-ish) the graduate, and her little cousin, who will be three.  I would like to get everyone a gift to celebrate the trip.  Older granddaughter may be embarrassed by something that calls attention to her (or might be considered "lame"), like a t-shirt with her name on it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

We are cruising in July of this year to celebrate our 18 year old granddaughter's high school graduation.  It will be us, the grandparents (both 64), son, son, and daughter-in-law (all 40-ish) the graduate, and her little cousin, who will be three.  I would like to get everyone a gift to celebrate the trip.  Older granddaughter may be embarrassed by something that calls attention to her (or might be considered "lame"), like a t-shirt with her name on it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nothing could be more of a surprise than a suite, but in terms of budget, that may not be viable. Book her a steakhouse dinner if you can afford to, and I will try to come up with more suggestions later. You would get more responses if you posted this on the Carnival (or whichever cruise line) category. 

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

Nothing could be more of a surprise than a suite, but in terms of budget, that may not be viable. Book her a steakhouse dinner if you can afford to, and I will try to come up with more suggestions later. You would get more responses if you posted this on the Carnival (or whichever cruise line) category. 

Sorry if  I wasn't clear  -  l am looking for a gift for each person to commemorate the cruise - not a gift for the graduate - the cruise itself is her gift!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

Sorry if  I wasn't clear  -  l am looking for a gift for each person to commemorate the cruise - not a gift for the graduate - the cruise itself is her gift!

What specifically does your daughter enjoy? I would give Carnival Branded Gift Bags filled with various gift cards, t-shirts and maybe something she likes. 

I never think it's a good idea to put a child's name on any clothing where it can be seen.

As far as "commemorating" this event....photos are always great...but that would be for AFTER the cruise.

• Like 1

I would buy everyone their own lanyard! Super useful to carry their keycard around on the boat and a nice memento once they get home. Not sure if you're soda drinkers, but if you purchase the drink package for everyone, they'll each get their own tumbler which they get to keep. Might be pretty expensive for such a large group, though. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My extended family will be cruising for Spring Break on the Anthem.  I was looking for a pre-boarding gift that would be worn by everyone in the welcome aboard picture.  We have done a group t-shirt in the past, but I have a tough crowd to please.  We have 18 people coming and the ages range from my stepdad who is 71 to my youngest son who is 16.  I found t-shirts here  https://www.customizedgirl.com/s/WestCoastDesignGroup that are customized and can be done is different t-shirt styles and colors.  I found something for each person's personality and ordered different colors, so we will look like we go together without being twins.  That is usually the biggest complaint that I receive from the teens and grandkids in their early twenties, but they love these shirts.  Feel free to copy my idea unless you are cruising the Anthem in April 2020.  😉