Expedited Arrival?

When I printed out my SetSail passes they all say Expedited Arrival on them. I do no recall ever seeing that before. We are going out of Port Everglades on the Allure. What does Expedited Arrival mean? Nothing?

3 hours ago, sailor05 said:

When I printed out my SetSail passes they all say Expedited Arrival on them. I do no recall ever seeing that before. We are going out of Port Everglades on the Allure. What does Expedited Arrival mean? Nothing?

Some terminals have a separate security line also. 

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We have that for a sailing out of PC next month and I could not find much info on it

You should be able to use the Suite/PC security line.

It's been on the Set Sail pass check in for years.  Just put the time you plan to arrive at the port. It really doesn't mean anything, you can arrive as you please.  Likely RCCL uses it to get an idea how large the expected crowds will be a certain times of the day, or more likely, it's just a question they put on when they set up the program with some intent of use that never materialized.  

Edited by papaflamingo

17 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

It's been on the Set Sail pass check in for years.  

I believe the expedited arrival started only a few months ago only for some ships and only a few customers as a beta test.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I believe the expedited arrival started only a few months ago only for some ships and only a few customers as a beta test.

Perhaps.  I remember answering expected arrival at the port along with mode of transportation many years ago. Perhaps I'm having either a senior moment, or an LSD flashback to the Sixties.  😎

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

We are D+ and have expedited on our set sail pass from Southampton UK next month.

I noticed the Expedited line a couple weeks ago when boarding Harmony...never heard of it before that.  It definitely was expedited compared to the regular lines as there never seemed to be more than 2 or 3 people waiting.  Most walked right up and were processed immediately.  This would have been between noon-12:30.

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

It's been on the Set Sail pass check in for years.  Just put the time you plan to arrive at the port. It really doesn't mean anything, you can arrive as you please.  Likely RCCL uses it to get an idea how large the expected crowds will be a certain times of the day, or more likely, it's just a question they put on when they set up the program with some intent of use that never materialized.  

It;s a different thing.  

• Like 1

Here is how it worked for someone with Expedited Arrival boarding the EN in PC

The last two times we sailed on EN, we were grabbed as we walked into the terminal and brought around the security lines directly to a person that did the expedited check-in with an iPad.  It takes about 2 minutes!  He scanned our Set Sail passes, stood each of us in front of a wall, and took our photo with an iPad.  We were then ushered to the nearest security line (only a couple of people ahead of us) and then zipped right through so we could proceed to the waiting area.  Once boarding opened, our Set Sail passes were scanned in (as if they were Sea Passes) and we walked right onto the ship.  If we had chosen to make any purchases, they would have scanned our Set Sail pass.  Once cabins opened, our Sea Pass cards were waiting in the wall slot, outside our cabin in a sealed envelope.

I thought it was interesting that my Set Sail Pass and my son's who is booked in the cabin with me had the Expedited arrival on them.  My daughter-in-law and my granddaughter booked in the cabin next to us.  

I asked RC on their FB page if my daughter-in-law and granddaughter could board with us.  I was told no, and I said fine, then we will all board together in the regular line if we decide to board together.  It wasn't a big deal.  Shortly thereafter, the Expedited boarding was removed from my Set Sail Pass.  

I asked on the FB page why it was removed.  The answer was that RC must have realized that our bookings were linked and took it away from us.  I honestly don't know if that is true, as it had been the Expedited info for a couple of weeks.  My thought is that because I questioned the boarding, it was removed.  JMO.

6 hours ago, AlisonoftheSeas said:

I'm really curious about this too! I got my set sail passes for my Mariner cruise last night- on my husband's pass (he is a Gold member) is says "expedited arrival" and on mine (I'm a diamond) it doesn't say anything? I don't get it...

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but -----why does your husband not have Diamond status like you do?  If he lives with you, and is your husband, he's entitled to the same status as you are.  Just call C&A and get his changed to yours.

1 minute ago, katiel53 said:

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but -----why does your husband not have Diamond status like you do?  If he lives with you, and is your husband, he's entitled to the same status as you are.  Just call C&A and get his changed to yours.

I had NO idea you could do that! I've just been cruising a lot longer than he has, so I figured that is just is what it is. Thank you for the heads up! Awesome 🙂

• Like 1