Clue: A Murder Mystery At Sea

Is this fun?  What are your experiences with it?  How much time does it consume?  My 15 year old loves solving riddles, problems, escape rooms, etc, so I was wondering if she would enjoy this.  Thanks in advance!  

Just now, Stacie. said:

My teens started participating on our most recent cruise but quickly found it to be boring so they quit. I didn’t do it so I have no idea what it entails. 

How old are your teens?  Thanks for your response!

At the time of sailing they were 15, 14, 14, 13, and 11. They are escape room fanatics and love games and mysteries but for whatever reason this just didn’t float their boat. 

• Like 1

I have always enjoyed the kick-off show for Clue, even if I don’t plan to play it. Depending on who is the CD, it can be pretty funny. Basically on every day of the cruise there is some where you have to go to get your clue for the day. The clues range from doing paper exercises like crosswords to talking to different cruise staff members. I have only played the entire game once. I have started the game several times, but don’t finish it because I don’t get the clue for the day because I forgot about it and/or I was having too much fun doing something else. 

• Like 1

Dr. E could make anything fun—even this lame (on our cruise) “Clue” game.

On our cruise, the introductory “Clue” show was fun.  But after that, getting more clues required attendance at programs where the clue wasn’t revealed until the end or watching the CD’s daily shows on TV where, again, the clue was not revealed until the end.  So, in short, getting subsequent clues is a real “time-sucker”.  And, in our case, at the advertised time of the final reveal and prize award, we had to remind the Assistant CDs about it because they had completely forgotten!  

Like your children, we enjoy puzzles and games but the Carnival Clue game was a waste of time!

Edited by GradUT
  • Like 1

For my family, Clue was the biggest waste of time there was. We like the game Clue but on a ship, it's not as advertised. You can expect to have to go to all of these revenue generating shows throughout the cruise to get clues.