Cruise Ship Quarantined

DirtyDawg

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps he can be spotted then.😋

Check the satellite feeds.

You can just make out someone hanging off the ship as it makes its way out of St. Lucia. 

It must be Tom!!!☺️

48 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Check the satellite feeds.

You can just make out someone hanging off the ship as it makes its way out of St. Lucia. 

It must be Tom!!!☺️

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjZkISCqv_hAhWBbn0KHQT1B4cQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.123rf.com%2Fphoto_10712782_dynamite-fuse-burning.html&psig=AOvVaw2uXbvSMVYvmdT1FTSwXCS-&ust=1556971780058856

On 5/1/2019 at 10:05 PM, wheezedr said:

we sailed the Boheme on August 15 to the 22 of 1970.

The Boheme's itineraries were on the list of cruises considered when my friend and I first sailed on a cruise in July, 1970.  Our decision was to sail on Rotterdam V out of New York rather on the Boheme which sailed from Miami.  New York is a shorter drive for us than is Miami.  Rotterdam's itinerary was also more appealing.

My travel agent at that time had nothing negative to say about Commodore Cruise Lines and the Boheme.  She apparently served her guests well.  

On 5/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, Capt_BJ said:

FREEWINDS is not your regular cruise ship.  It does not operate 'all the time' like a money making ship and the trips are 'training seminars' for Scientology.

The news about the quarantine does not help the cruise industry.  I have a friend whom I have been trying to convince that cruising is a pleasant experience and 99% of the time is nothing like the recent experience of the Viking Ocean Cruises ship off the coast of Norway.  With this news about the Freewind, whatever progress I had made in changing his mind about cruising was lost!

On 5/3/2019 at 6:16 AM, Essiesmom said:

She's on the way to Curacao now.  EM

But will they let them off the ship in Curacao.  Maybe the ship will become a ghost ship traveling forever from port to port in a vain attempt to find a welcoming port.  Maybe someone will even write an opera about them.  

If you don't get the last sentence, look up Wagner on Wikipedia.

DON

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2019 at 7:26 PM, GeezerCouple said:

What if someone on board needs hospitalization?

After all, some patients do.  (There is a flight attendant in a coma from this, as one example.)

GC

These are Scientologists.  They believe they can heal themselves. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:30 AM, Ashland said:

We've also seen the Fairwinds in Aruba a couple of times....what an eerie looking ship she is...no one came or went off her...creepy !!!!

That is because is it a floating indoctrination center, not a pleasure cruise.  Besides not having any money to spend, they would not have any identification in case they decided to skip. 

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The news about the quarantine does not help the cruise industry.  I have a friend whom I have been trying to convince that cruising is a pleasant experience and 99% of the time is nothing like the recent experience of the Viking Ocean Cruises ship off the coast of Norway.  With this news about the Freewind, whatever progress I had made in changing his mind about cruising was lost!

If things like this stop your friend from cruising then you were never going to get them on one.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If things like this stop your friend from cruising then you were never going to get them on one.

Or on a train, plane, or automoble to get to the ship in the first place! 

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

9 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Or on a train, plane, or automoble to get to the ship in the first place! 

My friend is always interested in learning of my travel experiences and he does fly and take automobile trips.  But, he's also has been reluctant to try a cruise.  ("I'll be bored" has been the most consistent comment that I have heard.)  He is like many others who "fear" that they will find being on a ship to be "too confining".  For anyone who loves cruising, we know that is not true.  But, how to convince the "non-believer"?  

54 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

My friend is always interested in learning of my travel experiences and he does fly and take automobile trips.  But, he's also has been reluctant to try a cruise.  ("I'll be bored" has been the most consistent comment that I have heard.)  He is like many others who "fear" that they will find being on a ship to be "too confining".  For anyone who loves cruising, we know that is not true.  But, how to convince the "non-believer"?  

I suppose I am wondering why you feel you have to convince your friend. It seems they have other underlying reasons that have nothing to do with being confined to a ship. I would be like, I told you and if you do not believe me that you will not be trapped then , so be it.

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

He is like many others who "fear" that they will find being on a ship to be "too confining".  For anyone who loves cruising, we know that is not true.   

Here is where you are wrong. Just because you and I don't find a ship 'too confining' or 'too boring' does make it a universal truth. 1+1 = 2 is a universal truth, but cruise ships can ,and are, 'too boring' and 'too confining' for many, while at the same time, not boring and not confining for others. 

I played ice hockey for almost 50 years. Not only ice hockey, I was a goalie, the person who stands in front of all those 90mph+ slap shots. Most people don't want to play this position because they either don't want to get hurt, or they fear they would get bored not skating up and down the ice all game. I know this these concens are not true,  but they are only not true for me and a very small percentage of ice hockey players. 

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

But, how to convince the "non-believer"?  

Don't try. Just because you and I like cruising ( or standing in front of 90mph+ slap shots) it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Edited by DirtyDawg