YIKES, 2 Pier Runners Left Behind!

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

There is NO reason to blame a 'private excursion', since there is no mention of that being the situation.  I have been on plenty of privately booked excursions in the 27 cruises we have taken and never returned late to the ship.  An excursion would be doing themselves a disservices if they got their cruisers back to the ship late, and the cruisers missed the departure....with social media these days, that tour company wouldn't have many bookings in the future.

The CRUISERS are to blame, and NO ONE ELSE.

Settle down cowboy, no need to yell!

No one is blaming the private companies. Anything from traffic to an accident can hold up anyone including ship and non-ship sponsored vendors. However, it clearly states that the ship will wait for a ship sponsored shore excursion that is held up but will not wait for a non-sponsored one.

7 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

However, it clearly states that the ship will wait for a ship sponsored shore excursion that is held up but will not wait for a non-sponsored one.

Sometimes they cant wait though.  Ive seen it explained here before but there have been cases where the ship has no choice but to leave.  If you book your excursion through the cruiseline and that were to happen, its on their dime to get you to the next port or the homeport you sailed from, whichever the case may be.

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ryano said:

Sometimes they cant wait though.  Ive seen it explained here before but there have been cases where the ship has no choice but to leave.  If you book your excursion through the cruiseline and that were to happen, its on their dime to get you to the next port or the homeport you sailed from, whichever the case may be.

I agree, it is on their dime to get you to the next port.

• Like 1

Hey klfhngr, just read your Nassau saga. Wish I had known it before our Meet & Greet on Escape last Fall. Would have made a great cautionary tale for our group.

My experience, though not as stimulating as being left in a foreign country, occurred in Bar Harbor.

DW and I got separated while shopping. Tried to call her with no luck. After scouring several shops that I knew she was going, I finally went to the port. Our HD was there and called the ship to confirm she was on board. 

JOE

14 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

However, it clearly states that the ship will wait for a ship sponsored shore excursion that is held up but will not wait for a non-sponsored one.

Show me where it states this?

14 hours ago, ryano said:

Yes, it could be tides, or another ship needing the berth.

And some 3rd party tour groups will do the same thing, get you to meet the ship.

And it is possible that the ship will wait a reasonable amount of time for a 3rd party excursion, if someone calls and tells them they will be late and why.  If nothing else, they do not want to miss the revenue with those cruisers off the ship. 🙂