Are beach towel fees charged in suites?

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Suites do not scan their cards to check out towels...therefore no charges.

I'm not in a suite on Anthem. So you can just return towels to the room or do you return them to a towel person at the pool ?

5 minutes ago, resjes said:

I'm not in a suite on Anthem. So you can just return towels to the room or do you return them to a towel person at the pool ?

If your SeaPass card was swiped when you obtained the towels, you should go back to the same place and return the towels so they can take them off your onboard account.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If your SeaPass card was swiped when you obtained the towels, you should go back to the same place and return the towels so they can take them off your onboard account.

OK so that means I am not allowed to leave them in the room to be collected by staff? I suppose they only allow people in suites to do that for a reason.

10 minutes ago, resjes said:

OK so that means I am not allowed to leave them in the room to be collected by staff? I suppose they only allow people in suites to do that for a reason.

You can leave the towels wherever you like, but if you don't check them in, you will be charged $25 per towel that you don't check in.

9 minutes ago, resjes said:

I have had varying experiences. Maybe others have too. On Oasis and Symphony (as recently as January) I had to swipe my card to get towels from the towel station, even though we were in a suite. It's not something I bother to argue with them about. On Harmony and Allure I only had to show (but not swipe) my card to the towel attendant. But if it is swiped then the towels must always be returned to the towel station. Our stateroom attendant reminded us to do that or face a fee, the reminder came up on the TV too.

The stateroom attendant will (usually) replace the towels with fresh ones in equal numbers to those left in the cabin (if you bring the wet/used ones back to the cabin with you). I sometimes use/take towels from the suite sundeck to avoid the hassle when they insist on swiping the card at the towel station, or just take the blue towels from the suite, or ask the attendant for some. I don't know why my experience with the towels has been inconsistent.

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The stateroom attendant will (usually) replace the towels with fresh ones in equal numbers to those left in the cabin (if you bring the wet/used ones back to the cabin with you). I sometimes use/take towels from the suite sundeck to avoid the hassle when they insist on swiping the card at the towel station, or just take the blue towels from the suite, or ask the attendant for some. I don't know why my experience with the towels has been inconsistent.

So the towels in the state room are large enough in size to use on a deck chair? (Sorry, first time cruiser)

2 minutes ago, resjes said:

So the towels in the state room are large enough in size to use on a deck chair? (Sorry, first time cruiser)

The blue pool towels in the cabin are the exact same towels you can get by the pool. Not to be confused with the white bath towels.

Just now, Pratique said:

The blue pool towels in the cabin are the exact same towels you can get by the pool. Not to be confused with the white bath towels.

This is going to sound dumb but I didn't know there were different colored towels (e.g. white is for bath, blue is for pool).

1 minute ago, resjes said:

This is going to sound dumb but I didn't know there were different colored towels (e.g. white is for bath, blue is for pool).

Not dumb, I had to learn too. When you see the difference in size and quality it will become apparent what the purpose of each towel is.

Something else to consider, if you take towels off of the ship with you, you can and should drop them off at the collection point on the pier before you reboard the ship. I found that I can "check in" the towels by scanning my card even if I never checked any out. They don't seem to care about the sequence as long as you don't have any towels still checked out at the end of the cruise. And I don't think they keep track of how many you have either, because I've checked in fewer than I've checked out and gotten away with it.

57 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I have had varying experiences. Maybe others have too. On Oasis and Symphony (as recently as January) I had to swipe my card to get towels from the towel station, even though we were in a suite. It's not something I bother to argue with them about. On Harmony and Allure I only had to show (but not swipe) my card to the towel attendant. But if it is swiped then the towels must always be returned to the towel station. Our stateroom attendant reminded us to do that or face a fee, the reminder came up on the TV too.

Were you in a star class suite?  We were sky class and did not have blue pool towels in our cabin.  We have not seen pool towels left in cabins for years now.

28 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Were you in a star class suite?  We were sky class and did not have blue pool towels in our cabin.  We have not seen pool towels left in cabins for years now.

Sky Class. As I said it has varied for us, and I don't know why. On one cruise last year (I think it was Oasis) we started with no towels at all. After I brought a bunch back to the cabin from the pool deck, the stateroom attendant replaced them daily with fresh ones in equal numbers without us asking or saying anything. Recently on Symphony (January 2019), we started the cruise with four blue towels in the suite. After I brought two more back the next day, we then had six fresh ones every morning. Then I turned in three at the towel station and left three in the cabin. Next morning there were still three after the room was cleaned. At one point we asked the stateroom attendant for a few more, and they magically appeared.

I don't really know what is supposed to be happening, but when we ask gently for things generally they take care of us quite well in Sky Class, so I don't complain. Getting and returning towels is not a big deal other than worrying about getting a towel charge at the end. So far we've avoided that but I've been diligent. Keeping track of checked-out towels is the only OCD-like thing I do on a cruise, but I really shouldn't have to worry about it at all, at least I would think.

I was on Indy in March in a suite.  They swiped our cards.  I have never had them swiped on an Oasis class ship in a suite.  At the end of our Indy cruise I had $100 charge for pool towels.  I was very careful to turn them all in so I had to make a trip to guest services late the last night.  Good thing I checked my account before disembarkation morning!