Platinum Question and Specialty Restaurants

js

Hi.  There will be four Platinum members in one room in the Haven on the Encore.

I have been away for a few years sailing RCCL and MSC and wanted to know do any of us still

get a Platinum meal in a specialty restaurant?  I'm guessing even though four Platinum members,

if they still do this, only one per cabin but not even sure this still is a thing.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

One per cabin.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, YVRBassElectric said:

2 meals, one in Le Bistro or Cagneys with a bottle of wine, other in La Cucina or Moderno

Thank you. So as GrabMW, states it is one per cabin.

Is it correct, one per cabin, can be used for two people and two restaurants?
Is that correct?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you.

Thank you. So as GrabMW, states it is one per cabin.

Is it correct, one per cabin, can be used for two people and two restaurants?
Is that correct?

Thank you.

Correct.

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You get two dinners for 2 for the room. Each platinum member gets a free bag of laundry. All platinum guests can do the free behind the scenes tour. 

E810FB23-32DC-4C48-BCD0-B8732EBEFC2F.jpeg

This is great! Thank you. We will all have a bag of laundry, which will help me when I get home not having a ton to do.

3 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

Correct.

Perfect.  Thank you again.

• Like 1

If there are four of you in a room and you are all platinum then you should get two meals for two at each of the restaurants. Basically, you should get two sets of the vouchers shown above.

From the latitudes FAQ's:

If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If there are four of you in a room and you are all platinum then you should get two meals for two at each of the restaurants. Basically, you should get two sets of the vouchers shown above.

If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

Oh, this is wonderful.  There are four of us in a cabin and all Platinum.

So, we can all go at the same time to two restaurants, complimentary, is how I am reading it.

Is that correct?

9 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

4 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

Thanks @KeithJenner, they must have changed it since the last time we cruised. Good info! That said, if you don't find two vouchers @js, go see the Latitudes desk and they'll square you away.

We had three Platinums in our cabin in February. We only had one certificate delivered, but we went down to CruiseNext and got the additional one the first evening. No questions were asked (the Dawn had a great CruiseNext staff). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, js said:

Oh, this is wonderful.  There are four of us in a cabin and all Platinum.

So, we can all go at the same time to two restaurants, complimentary, is how I am reading it.

Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct.

19 minutes ago, GrabMyWrist said:

Thanks @KeithJenner, they must have changed it since the last time we cruised. Good info! That said, if you don't find two vouchers @js, go see the Latitudes desk and they'll square you away.

It was changed not long after the changes to the Latitudes programme a couple of years ago.

It was one of the main criticisms when the changes happened, and NCL quietly changed the details on the website. From my understanding people generally have to go and ask.

Similar to the grandfathering in of tier levels, few people seem to know about this.

• Like 2

Last summer while on the Dawn, we had our daughter with us who had just turned 18 years old and was able to officially claim her Platinum status. We also had one of her BFF's sailing with us. All 4 of us were staying in a 2 bedroom suite.

On embarkation day my husband and I had our vouchers waiting for us in the suite but there was northing for my daughter. So I happen to mention it to our butler who explained that it was one per cabin and she would see if there was anything she could do.  Later that night we came back to find another set of vouchers waiting for my daughter. She was even able to claim her bottle of wine and take her BFF as the 2nd guest. 

I think it doesn't hurt to ask. 

26 minutes ago, Lynda and Eddie said:

Does the bliss have modern if not what is the substitute for platinum members 

No, Bliss doesn't have Moderno.

Previous reports say that they have been offering Los Lobos or Q as an alternative, effectively giving you a choice of three restaurants.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

No, Bliss doesn't have Moderno.

Previous reports say that they have been offering Los Lobos or Q as an alternative, effectively giving you a choice of three restaurants.

This is true, we really like La Cucina on the Bliss, so that is where we went.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, FredZiffle said:

If you're using Platinum vouchers, the voucher states one appetizer, one entrée, and one dessert.  Does that mean that any sides (like fries with your steak) are extra?

This seems to be a bit of a grey area.

It only applies in Cagneys. I have never paid anything for sides when using the voucher there, but I think that we were once told that we were allowed two each (we usually only have a couple anyway so it wasn't a problem).

I have vague memories of someone reporting on here that they were told that the $25 entree limit at Cagneys included sides, but if that is correct then it does seem to have been an exception.

Basically, I would expect not to have to pay for sides unless you are going to order a load of them. You do never know though (in typical NCL fashion).

48 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Basically, I would expect not to have to pay for sides unless you are going to order a load of them. You do never know though (in typical NCL fashion).

Thanks Keith.  Just about everything is a crapshoot with NCL, but at least this gives me an idea of what to expect.

7 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

If you're using Platinum vouchers, the voucher states one appetizer, one entrée, and one dessert.  Does that mean that any sides (like fries with your steak) are extra?

You can normally get two sides per person. 

All that hat being said, we order extra apps and have never been charged.