VFIP Past Cruises Next Tier Question

I just found my Sail and Sign card from a cruise on the Fascination in 1996 and submitted it to be added to my VFIP points.   If Carnival accepts it, I will be 2 points away from gold on my upcoming Breeze cruise.  Will I then have gold status on the Breeze as I will be turning gold two days into that cruise?  If I will have that status, will DH and my two DDs (15 and 11) also be gold?  Without my past cruise, we all would have the same amount of points.  Thanks in advance!

You will be Gold on Day 1.  Make sure it reflects on your past cruises before you print out your boarding pass.  Only those with the proven days at sea to make them so will be Gold, so in your case, it sounds like it will just be you, not your family members.  Have a great cruise and enjoy your new perks! 🙂

• Like 1

If you would change status during a cruise, then you should have that status from the start.

If the rest of your family does not have the requisite points, they will not change status, despite your status change.

Yes, as long as you're reaching a particular VIFP level on a cruise, you will be that level for the entire cruise. In order for your husband and kids to be Gold, they would need the proper amount of VIFP points.

Dang, in the time it took me to type two sentences, three more posts pop up. 😜

Edited by Organized Chaos

Just now, Allura_317 said:

On RC if 1 parent has a status, the other parent and the children will have the same status.  So I'm understanding Carnival does not do this?

Correct, Carnival does not extend status to family members.

Just now, Allura_317 said:

On RC if 1 parent has a status, the other parent and the children will have the same status.  So I'm understanding Carnival does not do this?

No. On Carnival, each person has to have the required VIFP points. You get a point for each day at sea.

41 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Carnival does it to a point. For example, if you are Diamond or Platinum, everyone staying in the same cabin with you will get some benefits like priority boarding and priority luggage tags to name a few,  no matter what their VIFP level. But they won’t have the same status for everything and they will only be enititled to other benefits associated with their current VIFP level.