Hubbard Glacier excursion

cruisingnewtoit

We are currently on Solstice, there is a similar excursion at Tracy Arm/Dawes Glacier. We have done it twice and wish we had done it today. Last year we got off Solstice closer in and the passengers who stayed onboard could see Dawes. Conditions are such that we are no where even close to being able to see the glacier from the ship, Brent Nixon just said 20 miles away! 

If Alaska is a once in a lifetime cruise for you. Do the excursion!

• Like 1

Just now, lovecruzin said:

We are currently on Solstice, there is a similar excursion at Tracy Arm/Dawes Glacier. We have done it twice and wish we had done it today. Last year we got off Solstice closer in and the passengers who stayed onboard could see Dawes. Conditions are such that we are no where even close to being able to see the glacier from the ship, Brent Nixon just said 20 miles away! 

Last year my DH & I regret on our  HAL cruise not doing the Tracy Arm excursion. 

We are signed up for this one.

41 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

We went the third week in August and got about a quarter mile away due to lack of ice, on the boat we were real close.

Just an FYI to those looking at these excursions they have to be done through the ship since they start from the ship.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Last year my DH & I regret on our  HAL cruise not doing the Tracy Arm excursion. 

We are signed up for this one.

We have done the Tracy Arm excursion twice with HAL and  another one coming up this June.  LOVE this excursion; have never been disappointed.

• Like 1

Celebrity is offering these small boat glacier excursions on a few cruises.

June 2020 on S-class cruise there is an

"Endicott Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer" one for $224 pp (price corrected, it went up a bit)

We got the Hubbard one for $215 pp on sale last week, currently listed as $274 pp.

Edited by DebInAntigua
corrected price

On 5/27/2019 at 6:52 AM, lovecruzin said:

Following up on my previous post. We chatted with a couple last night who did the Tracy Arm excursion, they only made it about 1/2 mile further than where they got off of Solstice. They did not see the glacier. I just assumed based on our prior experience that the small vessel would get a lot closer.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 7:56 PM, Huskydo said:

Which ship is this offered? We are sailing next May to Alaska visiting Hubbard Glacier but this excursion isn’t showing.

Thanks

We are sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse on 5/17/20 and it is on the excursion option list for us.  Booked it the first day it finally showed up!

• Like 1

We did Alaska on NCL since they visit Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier.   Glacier Bay was amazing.  Hubbard was great as well, but we were only there a short time compared to all day at Glacier Bay.  Our ship went very close to both the main glacier in Glacier Bay and Hubbard that it was wonderful.  I don't think that I would pay extra to get closer.

• Like 1