Adding and removing person from reservation

Someone walk me through what happens in these situations with Royal Caribbean. Situation 1 - If we want to add someone to a reservation, does that mean we have to cancel and rebook with current perks and pricing? Situation 2 - If we do add that person to the reservation and he changes his mind BEFORE final payment, is it another cancel and rebook (at current pricing) situation if the rest of the people still want to go?

Then the non refundable deposit... I get if you cancel, that money is gone .. right? Is there are a cost for changes like above? THANKS 

You can add a person without the existing guests losing perks or prices.

No problem cancelling the 3rd person before final payment, unless that person has a non-refundable deposit, in which case that person loses $100 and anything else they have paid gets credited to the other two guests.

Changing a ship or sailing date on a non-refundable deposit costs $100 per person.

Thanks! Is RCCL like NCL where if the lifeboat for that section is full, a third person can't be added, even in there's a bed for a third? Not as critical with the RCCL cruise I'm looking at as I'd be willing to change cabins in the same category. I'm not willing to give up my angled balcony with NCL. Trying to sort through our booked cruises to see which ones a friend of my son can go on.  

15 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

Thanks! Is RCCL like NCL where if the lifeboat for that section is full, a third person can't be added, even in there's a bed for a third? Not as critical with the RCCL cruise I'm looking at as I'd be willing to change cabins in the same category. I'm not willing to give up my angled balcony with NCL. Trying to sort through our booked cruises to see which ones a friend of my son can go on.  

That’s correct.

the other issue with Royal is that if you book for 2 then you are in a cabin that only hold 2 people so you can’t add a third without changing cabins and pricing.  Royal won’t let 2 people book a cabin that holds 3 or more in the vast majority of cases. 

So, tagging off of this thread...

I have a situation where my dad and a friend booked a cruise along with us for November. The friend that my dad was going to room with lost his job and isn't going to be able to go. My dad has decided he is just going to pay the outstanding balance and go. He is asking a few other friends to see if they are interested in going and we can switch the names on the reservation prior to final payment (I am aware of that). However, I told my dad that it will be fine if he doesn't find a cabin mate and his current booked friend would just be a "no show" at check-in. My understanding is the port and taxes would be refunded to the form of payment upon completion of the cruise, correct?

13 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I have a situation where my dad and a friend booked a cruise along with us for November. The friend that my dad was going to room with lost his job and isn't going to be able to go. My dad has decided he is just going to pay the outstanding balance and go. He is asking a few other friends to see if they are interested in going and we can switch the names on the reservation prior to final payment (I am aware of that). However, I told my dad that it will be fine if he doesn't find a cabin mate and his current booked friend would just be a "no show" at check-in. My understanding is the port and taxes would be refunded to the form of payment upon completion of the cruise, correct?

You are correct. 

28 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I thought you could change names up to 4 or 5 days before cruise as long as one passenger on reservation stayed.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Following this since my son is still deciding if his friend is able to join us on our cruise.  Does she have to decide before final payment is due (which is in two weeks) or can we change the person who is going with him later?

10 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

I thought you could change names up to 4 or 5 days before cruise as long as one passenger on reservation stayed.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Up til the day before.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I have read many issues where people thought they could change a name closer to sailing and yet when they tried it, there were issues. 

But thanks everyone for the feedback.

Maybe they were trying to add another passenger to the reservation and the lifeboat capacity had been met.  I have often read that . Anyway, what Biker19 answered is what I thought, only not as close to sailing. Hope your family enjoy their cruise.

6 hours ago, MrsKC08 said:

My understanding is the port and taxes would be refunded to the form of payment upon completion of the cruise, correct?

So similar case. I am separating from my husband, so now instead of me, him and our 7 year old, is just going to be me and the kid. Do I need to cancell the 2nd person? or just show up and I would get something re-imbursed?

1 hour ago, Deseo1578 said:

So similar case. I am separating from my husband, so now instead of me, him and our 7 year old, is just going to be me and the kid. Do I need to cancell the 2nd person? or just show up and I would get something re-imbursed?

There are two different scenarios here.

if you booked a refundable deposit and you cancel the third guest more than 15 days prior to sailing you will receive a 100% refund for the third guest.  At that close to sailing it is unlikely that they will make you change cabins however it is a possibility.

if you booked a non refundable deposit then regular cancellation penalties apply based on how far away from the sailing date you are.  The further away from sailing the greater the chance that they will move you to a double occupancy cabin that will be repriced at current rates.

with either of these you could also just have the third person be a no show and get back the taxes.