Another gift card promo ?

20 hours ago, CanICruiseSoonPlease said:

I am confused ....why does buying a gift card at a supermarket considered being a promo?  Looking for something like the Mothers Day gift card that Princess was selling last month. I do not have a Krugers.  Seems like that is the only store that has a perk?  Hoping they had one for Fathers Day to get the $50 perk. Help??!!

I understand that you get extra % cash back from your Chase Freedom card, and that's your bonus. Stores like Kroger also run promotions like 4x points for every dollar of a gift card purchase, which is then used towards their gas purchase discounts.

Other than that - I don't know.

The Kroger in our area has both Carnival and Princess cards. Wife and I use the cards as gifts to each other for special occasions and we get gas points. Two birds.

Sometimes we have almost 10 to 12 cards prior to the cruise.

Here's some differences we noticed between the two cards:

Carnival has a payment option in the Fun Shops on their site to use the cards to pay for excursions, drink packages, internet packages, etc. Just enter the gift card code like just about every online cart virtually every retailer has.

Princess does not offer the ability to use cards on the site. Apparently you have to call princess and give them each long number (on several cards, if you have them) or use them on board - something that seems like a hassle. Can't understand why they don't make a gift card payment option on their site. 

Edited by figmentdj
  • Like 1