Another gift card promo ?

Good because I owe 1140 for October cruise & 900 for November. Can I split it? Pay 900 for November and 1100 + 40 + 60 OBC for October?

(October only has 75 OBC but November already has 325)

Edited by Ombud

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Good because I owe 1140 for October cruise & 900 for November. Can I split it? Pay 900 for November and 1100 + 40 + 60 OBC for October?

(October only has 75 OBC but November already has 325)

You should be able to have them split them however you need. If you have a TA, let them know, or if not, when you call Princess you can designate where to assign the payments.

8 hours ago, brt49 said:

If you have a Chase Freedom CC, it is 5% cash back at Grocery Stores up to $1,500 of spending until 6/30. If you Princess gift cards, that's $75 cash back.

I have a Chase Freedom CC and get cash back, however, I am afraid that my Chase built-in trip insurance will not kick in, if I pay for the trip with gift cards instead of the Chase Freedom card.

1 hour ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

You can purchase Princess gift cards at a grocery store?

Tom

Yes, all of the Kroger chains across the country should have them--Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Smiths, Dillions, Frys, King Soopers, Harris Teeter etc.  Buy them when they have bonus fuel points,  like 2X or 4X and you will get lots off on gas, as well. (we can get $1 a gallon off for each 1000 points) They are very easy to apply to a booking to pay for the cruise.  I applied 6 gift cards to my final payment last month.

9 hours ago, brt49 said:

If you have a Chase Freedom CC, it is 5% cash back at Grocery Stores up to $1,500 of spending until 6/30. If you Princess gift cards, that's $75 cash back.

If you have a Sam's Club credit card - no annual fee - then you get 3% back on travel and dining, do not think there is a limit,  I am told it includes buying Princess gift cards from Princess.

We will find out soon I expect as we bought $4000 on the Mothers day promotion.

1 minute ago, Jezabel2924 said:

Yes, all of the Kroger chains across the country should have them--Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Smiths, Dillions, Frys, King Soopers, Harris Teeter etc.  Buy them when they have bonus fuel points,  like 2X or 4X and you will get lots off on gas, as well. (we can get $1 a gallon off for each 1000 points) They are very easy to apply to a booking to pay for the cruise.  I applied 6 gift cards to my final payment last month.

$1 a gallon - is it limited to 20 gallons?  So that would be $20 max on $1000 GC?

Don't think I ever saw any of the stores you mention here in Central Fl.

1 minute ago, Griller said:

$1 a gallon - is it limited to 20 gallons?  So that would be $20 max on $1000 GC?

Here is the Fred Meyer program.  We always buy a lot of cards the month before we go to Alaska and fill up at Fred Meyer on our trip.  You can get 35 gallons with a fill up @ $1 off.  If you bought $1000 in gift cards and it was a double points offer you would get 2000 points and could get two fill ups the next month for $1 off.   I don't believe there are any of the Kroger chains in Fl.

7 minutes ago, Griller said:

Here is the Fred Meyer program.  We always buy a lot of cards the month before we go to Alaska and fill up at Fred Meyer on our trip.  You can get 35 gallons with a fill up @ $1 off.  If you bought $1000 in gift cards and it was a double points offer you would get 2000 points and could get two fill ups the next month for $1 off.   I don't believe there are any of the Kroger chains in Fl.

https://www.fredmeyer.com/topic/fred-meyer-fuel-savings-shell

Edited by Jezabel2924

2 hours ago, Jezabel2924 said:

I'll be darned.  Never noticed any Princess cards at the gift card area of Fred Meyer.  I'll be sure to look there next time. It would still be better for me to just pay directly to Princess using my Costco card though as that gives me 3% on travel.  But it's certainly good to know about that.  Thanks for mentioning that!!!!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

I'll be darned.  Never noticed any Princess cards at the gift card area of Fred Meyer.  I'll be sure to look there next time. It would still be better for me to just pay directly to Princess using my Costco card though as that gives me 3% on travel.  But it's certainly good to know about that.  Thanks for mentioning that!!!!

Tom

My Kroger carries Carnival cards, but I've never seen Princess gift cards.

But I still like to use my Chase Freedom card to pay for the trip for its built-in travel insurance perk.

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

My Kroger carries Carnival cards, but I've never seen Princess gift cards.

But I still like to use my Chase Freedom card to pay for the trip for its built-in travel insurance perk.

I looked at the card collection at my Kroger store yesterday. Found Holland-America and Carnival but no Princess.

Tom

1 hour ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

I looked at the card collection at my Kroger store yesterday. Found Holland-America and Carnival but no Princess.

Tom

I checked Harris Tetter. Only had Carnival. No where on the card did it state i could use on Princess.  It was not an AX Carnival card I believe they will work with Princess. 

if anyone has purchased a card at HT and it worked with Princess let me know.

Thanks.

I am confused ....why does buying a gift card at a supermarket considered being a promo?  Looking for something like the Mothers Day gift card that Princess was selling last month. I do not have a Krugers.  Seems like that is the only store that has a perk?  Hoping they had one for Fathers Day to get the $50 perk. Help??!!

On 5/29/2019 at 1:02 PM, EDDY0827 said:

Even if you don't use the cards to pay for your cruise, you can use them for refundable obc.

Discounted gas and obc... win-win!

I believe Princess said it would be refunded to a Princess Gift Card and not actual cash back. Correct me if I'm wrong.