Dining Package 3 day sale

DaveOKC

For what its worth - may be a good deal for some, especially on the ships with a Tamarind.

"Great news for foodies: For 3 days only, book any select summer 2019 cruise or Land+Sea Journey and we’ll treat you to three world-class dining experiences. You'll receive one complimentary dinner per person at each of these premium onboard restaurants: Canaletto, with its classic Italian cuisine; Pacific Northwest-inspired Pinnacle Grill; and Pan-Asian Tamarind (where available). Offer ends May 31."

We just booked this for an Alaska cruise! We were looking at a specific cruise and put it away for a couple of days while we did other things and when we got on the website to actually book it, the sale was on! It was just a stroke of luck. It is the Oosterdam so there is a Tamarind I think? One thing though, does anyone know where on your booking confirmation that the three free dinners are actually noted? I can't find the confirmation.  Is it handled at check in? Thanks.

On 5/29/2019 at 3:57 PM, Cruisin Kay D said:

Where did you find that?   

Wish they would offer a discounted-cost package to people already booked as a pre-cruising special, like Royal Caribbean does.

Well, in theory you do get a slight discount for buying the package but it's not as deeply discounted as Royal. On the other hand, the cover charges aren't nearly as high as Royal's either.

I'm more upset about the title of this thread. I thought that dining packages for existing reservations were on sale, not that they were offering it as a booking bonus on new reservations.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Well, in theory you do get a slight discount for buying the package but it's not as deeply discounted as Royal. On the other hand, the cover charges aren't nearly as high as Royal's either.

I'm more upset about the title of this thread. I thought that dining packages for existing reservations were on sale, not that they were offering it as a booking bonus on new reservations.

Sorry about the Title if it was misleading.  However, I would still call and ask about it, as often HAL will add these smaller packages to existing reservations.  Someone on our Sept cruise just got it done yesterday.  Never hurts to ask I say.

The email we received also included the "Oceans of Extras" promo with a dine-around package and a $50 beverage card per passenger.  It would have cost us an additional $520 for it . . . not happening!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Our Oceans of Extra promotion included $300 (for 2) in OBC, dine around package and $50 pp Beverage Cards.  Had to give up free grats ($224 value for 2) and pay $50 more pp, so a SLIGHTLY better deal.

5 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

I guess we got lucky.  The fare was EXACTLY the same with the dining promo as it was before the 3-day sale.

It's likely that most (all?) people reporting price increases here booked a while before this promotion started.

11 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

We were offered a dining package for a (small) discount on our existing upcoming cruise.

The dining packages being sold on the website are sold at a slight discount.  If you buy Pinnacle, Tamarind and Canaletto, you save $10. If you're on Koningsdam on NS and get the package that also includes Sel de Mer and the sushi place, I think the savings is $25 (you pay $30 more but it comes with $45 in credit at the two restaurants).