Deposit Question

rskupper

I must cancel a cruise  its not booked until sept 21st 2020  I have a non-refundable deposit (no complaining if i lose it) it was reduced deposit 98 dollars for two

But can i call and book a new cruise and have that transferred to that new booking.  Thanks

non refundable deposit means it is a early saver booking. early saver has these restrictions:

A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are nonrefundable/nontransferable and will be held as a future cruise credit to be applied to your cruise fare on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Unless I am missing something, there will be nothing left to transfer.  There will be a $100 cancellation fee as previously mentioned, which will wipe out the $98 deposit you paid. 

Well, it was $98 per person and Carnival will charge $50 per person for the change, so $48 per person will transfer.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

Well, it was $98 per person and Carnival will charge $50 per person for the change, so $48 per person will transfer.

I read the OP’s comment as a $98 deposit for two people.  If the deposit was $98 per person, your math is correct. 

On 6/2/2019 at 9:49 AM, rskupper said:

I must cancel a cruise  its not booked until sept 21st 2020  I have a non-refundable deposit (no complaining if i lose it) it was reduced deposit 98 dollars for two

But can i call and book a new cruise and have that transferred to that new booking.  Thanks

I booked Early Saver for a cruise and then like a month or so later for my job I realized the company I work for teaching English was doing a cruise the following week so I contacted their travel agent that we were supposed to do the group booking thru and it took about 2 weeks for her to fenagle it but she was able to get my non refundable deposits moved to the new cruise ... so doing it by yourself probably not but if you get an agent on board they can do it --- I did not have to pay any FEE's for transferring 

Edited by bnorris10