Photo package/luggage/Freedom of the Seas

I am sure these questions have been asked but I cannot figure out how to search the boards.   I bought photo package all prints.   We leave in 14 days and I am thinking about switching to digital.   The last time I cruised they didn't have unlimited photo package.   We had to look for printed photos every day in a hallway on the ship and then we would purchase  what we wanted and they had set prices.  Cruise line decided the size of the photos (4x6, 8x10, etc).   Now, do you view the photos electronically on the ship and decide what size you want?   Or are they preprinted?   Do they print as many pictures in whatever size you want?    If digital, do they download the photos to your account every day - similar to Disney?     If someone can walk me through the details of these photo packages I would appreciate it.   

I can't remember if RCI stores your empty luggage bags for you outside your cabin and then return the last night of cruise.  Or do you store the empty luggage under the bed?   

Thanks in advance!   I know these questions are answered somewhere on these boards - just no idea where!   

For the photos you collect all of the prints like you’ve done in the past and they will keep them behind the counter until the last day. You don’t have a choice of sizes. As far as the digital some give you a thumb drive and I believe now there’s a code and you download them on your computer at home. As for the luggage they don’t store your suitcases for you you have to keep them in your room. 

Thank you!   It sounds like I should switch to digital if I want to control what size the photos are.   Can you store luggage bags under bed?   Trying to decide what size luggage bags to bring.    

5 minutes ago, charlie786 said:

Thank you!   It sounds like I should switch to digital if I want to control what size the photos are.   Can you store luggage bags under bed?   Trying to decide what size luggage bags to bring.    

Yes, we store bags under the bed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 1:49 PM, bballmomma said:

Just off Freedom and all our suitcases, including the biggest one, all fit under the bed.

If you, @Host Clarea or any other frequent rccl cruisers could help with this...

We just got off the Grandeur and found none of our luggage fit under the bed (there were metal bars, at least at the foot of the bed, that kept from getting under including the smallish wardrobes and smallish one we take for swim/snorkel equip).  Thankfully we were in an OS and there were a few other places to store them, including behind curtains here in there, but I was surprised since I have read that so many others do this. I’m not sure if we just travel with particularly large luggage or this was a grandeur issue.

Edited by 2Beeze

3 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

. I’m not sure if we just travel with particularly large luggage or this was a grandeur issue.

Neither, I think that was an issue with the beds in that particular OS - bed in most cabins have no issues with luggage fitting under the bed. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

If you, @Host Clarea or any other frequent rccl cruisers could help with this...

We just got off the Grandeur and found none of our luggage fit under the bed (there were metal bars, at least at the foot of the bed, that kept from getting under including the smallish wardrobes and smallish one we take for swim/snorkel equip).  Thankfully we were in an OS and there were a few other places to store them, including behind curtains here in there, but I was surprised since I have read that so many others do this. I’m not sure if we just travel with particularly large luggage or this was a grandeur issue.

Sometimes the outer frame of the bed hangs down lower than the inner part of the bed.  You can lift the bed slightly to get the suitcase under the bedframe, and then it fits under the mattress part.  

It can also matter which direction the suitcase is oriented -- lengthwise or widthwise.  

Also, I believe that the bed in an OS is an actual king-sized bed, not two twins put together like in other rooms, so that bed frame might be different in construction to the standard "Royal King" that can be separated into two different beds.

Edited by brillohead

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

@brillohead and @Biker19  thanks so much. This bed had a double frame in two parts so that you could not get the full width nor height since bars blocked the way.  We are looking at the Grandeur for Canada for summer (as well as the Liberty) and so we wondered if we might need to learn to travel more lightly 🤨

2 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

@brillohead and @Biker19  thanks so much. This bed had a double frame in two parts so that you could not get the full width nor height since bars blocked the way.  We are looking at the Grandeur for Canada for summer (as well as the Liberty) and so we wondered if we might need to learn to travel more lightly 🤨

You can also try putting the luggage underneath with it opened.... not nearly as tall that way and might fit in a different configuration. 

But in most cases, the beds DO allow for the luggage to be stored underneath. 

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

You can also try putting the luggage underneath with it opened.... not nearly as tall that way and might fit in a different configuration. 

But in most cases, the beds DO allow for the luggage to be stored underneath. 

A great idea, didn’t even think of that during our frustration 🤔 that is what I love about the cc support, none of us have to reinvent the wheel and can share our finds and discoveries. I acknowledge that we do travel with too much luggage, but two were not giant pieces and should have def fit. I told DD we were NOT getting a certain size of cabin to make sure there was enough  space for our luggage 😂🤣😂🤣😅 he has been spoiled and I don’t know how to rein him in 🤲🏻

• Like 1